Request: Nascar 2003

Stormy

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know of all that has gone into this, as far as Kevin getting others among this community involved, but do want to say thank you, thank you, thank you. I know for certain Kevin has spent an awful lot of time trying to get this thing figured out. With such a lack of information to be found in a google search, I was pulling my hair out. Outstanding job to all.....thank you. :grin:

And I'll repeat -- make sure there are no more than four IP's bound to your NIC card! NASCAR will just crash if there are.

I found that out the hard way about 2 years ago. Upraded my servers and copied the installs and they would not run. It took me a few days to discover that :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed that using this config I cannot get the game to actual start hosting a race. The GUI loads and it logs into sierra, but after that I must manual click the host or start button (whichever it is) to start the server.

Any ideas? :confused:

• 1 year later...

I hope this helps someone and a lot of credit goes to the creator of the file ECF provided here. I used his to create a more advanced config as well as more idiot proof, for people like me. ;) Whats new in this one, well lets see...

1) Support for more mods (i.e. Iroc, LateModel Stock, ASA2004, Arca, Aero88, GrandNational 1970, GrandNational 1970 v2, Hooters Cup, The Pits Touring Championship v1 & v2, as well as support for the already existing mods such as Busch, Trucks, and TransAm).

2) Option to type in a car file name for each available mod for the server to use.

3) Added options for the Sierra username and encrypted password and removed the defaults for security. If you dont know your encrypted password you can get it by starting NR2003 and login to Sierra using the server username and then logoff. It will be there in the player.ini for "epassword".

4) Added server race options such as driving mode, damage control, and pretty much every option on the race setup screen right on down to the weather and even be able to add computer opponents.

5) Did a little clean up so that only applicable items would show on the page. For example if you turn off road course ratings then you wont see the options to set the rating.

6) Changed most options to a selectable option to help prevent someone from going outside of the boundaries. There are a few that I didnt as they are huge ranges but they have their limits listed in the description.

Remember to configure your options from the config files in tcadmin.

NASCAR_Racing_2003_Season.txt

Yes...Thank-you HolleyRidge

You beat us to the punch My guy re-wrote one for us to use also....but yours has many more options..:) TY

We are still only able to launch 1 at a time....we have only 4 IP's to the nic....so we will be moving to resolve that issue....:)

Dave

Your welcome. Thanks to the guys to provided the original as it was a good starting point for us.

Now for multi-server issue, what kind of issue do you have when trying to run multiple servers from the same machine? You should be able to run multiservers from the same machine. In order to do it from tcadmin though you will likely have to create a separate nr2003 server on that machine and use a different port range (talks about this in the server.txt under the multiple server section) but I dont see where you would have a problem with it.

We have 2 servers in TX each one has a NR2003 in it's own GameInstalls dir called NR2003, I did a new install here from home on a blank drive with my cd, zipped it and uploaded it.

Then unzipped it into the NR2003 dir, after all was set and done, ran the cfg to make sure it was in server video mode...set the exe to run in xp mode, and no graphics.

There is 5 IP's on that server, So disabled 2 in the tcp/ip so now there is 3 and 1 vpn ( should make 4 now...right :)) That should have taken care of the 4 IP limitation and the nic card with NC2003.

Also went in TCA and set that server to auto install on those IP's (1 server per IP) We even changed the port ranges 50 at a time from 32766 just incase on the other IP's

They will launch, run for a while then become non responsive has Tool and myself scratching our heads on this one. Today they will not launch

You can run the multiple nr2003 servers on the same ip. That is where your different port ranges come in. For example if you are running 2 different servers on 2 different ips you can use the same ports. I would try to run them on the same ip (the primary ip) using the different port ranges if possible and see what happens. Let us know.

• 1 year later...

Im just having a hard time getting everything configured right. Any of you NR2003 braineacks maybe can steer me in the right direction to get this installed so I can remember when this when I have a problem. Is the a detailed install manual on how to load games?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use