set ftp permissions on a folder?

Jaggl

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish by the view only. If the client only had view only they could not edit, add or upload files. A simple view of files would be useless? unless it was for something like log files.

One way you may be able to accomplish what you are trying to do would be to disable FTP and filemanager for that game and create quick file links to the files that your clients need access to. This would allow them access only to those files that you specify them access to.

Perhaps if you gave us an overview of what you are trying to accomplish we can get you something that might tied you over in the meantime.

I understand. Here is something you can try. Remote desktop into the server and right click on that subfolder " svss" in question and goto propeties. Down at the bottom check the read only checkbox off. Apply and see if you can write to it via FTP.

I still see a problme with this though. If you set the folder to read only how can you write screenshots to it?

Or you can right click on that folder and click properties and then click the Permissions tab. Highlight the TCAdminWeb user and uncheck write permissions and leave read checked?

I am not sure exactly how the internal FTP handles permissions but it's worth a shot.

that won't work. the monitor runs under the local system account. TCAdminWeb is only for the web site account. You will have to use a different ftp server. With the IIS ftp server you can do this easily. Just create a windows account that belongs to guests, and in the IIS Manager under "Default FTP Server" create a virtual directory with that user's name.

Make sure you have both ftp servers on different ports. IIS FTP server will use all ips and selected port even if you just select a single ip.

yes i know that would work, but i want to do it over tcadmin, now im testing it!

The Administrator Account is the owner of this folder, i'll test to set him with read only permissions!

i hope PB can write a Screenshot in it then is it perfect ;)

Archived