Suggestions for Luis

JasonF

1) In the Server >> Configure IP section, have a use for auto game setup and have another check box for use for auto voice setup. Some IP/Hostnames may be specific to voice servers and not game servers.

2) When a Supported Games config says only use the primary IP, have only the primary IP show up in the IP menu during the creation process. Same thing with the only run on default port, do not allow a user to modify the port.

3) Allow a user to specify out going port in the System Settings >> Email configuration. I think this would fix a number of issues with some people not being able to send outgoing email with their smtp server.

4) Allow a user to disable the ftp server timeout. This one is very annoying and I find myself just using the filezilla server I installed instead of using the TCAdmin admin ftp account.

5) During the System Settings >> Server >> New Server creation, allow the user to specify the game and client files directory. Those fields are greyed out and you can not enter anything. Instead you have to hit save, get the error message and then enter it. Also you can not browse the folder structure of the server to specify a location since you have not even made a monitor.config for it.

1) In the Server >> Configure IP section, have a use for auto game setup and have another check box for use for auto voice setup. Some IP/Hostnames may be specific to voice servers and not game servers.

2) When a Supported Games config says only use the primary IP, have only the primary IP show up in the IP menu during the creation process. Same thing with the only run on default port, do not allow a user to modify the port.

On # 1.. Maybe Just a additional Dropdown To select Server location/host like in the game create area.

On #2.. This should not be permanantly locked. Maybe a option in the gameconfig area where it says use only primary Ip have a additional check box to "LOCK Settings" Then this becomes game specific.

If a game HAS to run on a primary IP, then why would you want the option on running it on secondary IPs? Then people will be trying to run multiple servers by changing the IP and not just incrementing ports. This would cause game server queries to combine since 2 servers will be running on the same port.

This is basically for people who don't know it has to run only on 1 ip. An example is my TCAdmin clients who did not create the configs but just log in and create game servers. By giving them the option to use any IP they will screw up their servers.

If a game HAS to run on a primary IP, then why would you want the option on running it on secondary IPs? Then people will be trying to run multiple servers by changing the IP and not just incrementing ports. This would cause game server queries to combine since 2 servers will be running on the same port.

This is basically for people who don't know it has to run only on 1 ip. An example is my TCAdmin clients who did not create the configs but just log in and create game servers. By giving them the option to use any IP they will screw up their servers.

Thats why you make the lockout optional (Either game or user specific). Not complete. Some people know how to use it and removing the feature is really pointless. Expanding on the feature is always better.

If users are allowed to specify the locations of their servers on the server it could cause problems if you have to help them later on as it may not be in your default location.

Add a way to see which servers are grouped together with Game Switching

Allow an admin to login as a user.

Add someway for a user to backup their files, maybe not be able to view and or download the backups but be able to see that they are available for restoration by restoring the backup to overwrite their current gameserver. Allowing only x amount of backups totalling up to x amount of space and only x amount of times per day/week

Also JasonF by user do you mean admin?

These are great suggestions guys, but we are not adding anything to version 1 as per my previous posts a while back.

Once Version 2 hits beta, we will be opening a V2 feature chat thread that things like this can then be discussed in.

What I can tell you is all Enterprise license owners will be eligible for the V2 beta if they wish when it is released.

Archived