Crysis Warhead

Shacknews reports that Crytek has quietly revealed plans for a new Crysis episode dubbed Crysis Warhead. The German game developer posted a teaser image on the main Crysis website, but it has yet to reveal any specifics. The title could turn out to be either a stand-alone sequel or an expansion, and it might show up on consoles. Shacknews says Crytek doesn't plan to release additional patches for the original game, perhaps in order to free up development resources for the new one.

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/14869

I can see the rush to register crysiswarheadservers.com. :p

I read an article on why some of the big name games failed and the most logical reason was the games required too much hardware to run.

Personally I liked Crysis until the alien ship, that is when the game took a turn forthe worse.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a great fan of the Crysis game, and have recently started playing again. (am in some twisted floating place inside the mountain) I agree the multiplayer lacks alot and agree that its a possible future game, altho i think that people may forget about it when newer games are released.

Regarding the hardware needed, its silly tbh. Im running a Intel Quad Core Extreme QX6850 OC to 3.7Ghz, 4GB Ram, with dual Geforce 8800GTX in SLi and PhysiX Card and i can only really run the settings on High to maintain good fps at heavy parts at 1680x1050.

Im quite looking forward tho to what the future holds for the engine itself, as it is very dynamic and well put together. They just need to look at how to get the same effects whist cutting down on power needed.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am just running it off a direct box. I have not had any success getting it to run straight off the files in tcadmin like AA and COD4 work. I have problems if the game was not actually installed to the box it does not work properly.

The requests for the game are brutally low. So I have not pursued it further until I see requests for the game.

Archived