Remote Server install/license

AvailNetworks

I am trying to isntall tcadmin on a remote license I just purchased last night and I am not even sure where to begin. I was given an email that said my license would autoupdate in a few hours or I can manually do it. I waited and I did it manually and it does now show up still. Also is there an install I need to run for the slave server or no?

thanks,

Reed

1- add the server by going to System Settings > Servers > New Server. Make sure you type the correct primary ip.

2- after saving the server you will see a button that says "config file". Click on it. It will ask you to save a file.

3- install TCAdmin on the new server as a Remote.

4- Run the configuration utility on the remote and configure with the file you saved in step 2.

5- Start the monitor in console mode and make sure there are no errors.

thanks, I am trying to install the slave now and I get a few errors

1. remote.pluginmanager.getobject: error creating tcadmin.plugins.systemmonitor.serverplugin error: file or assembly name tcadmin.plugins.systemmonitor, or one of its dependencies was not found

2. I do not know my master server password, is there a way to recover it. I tried all the ones I would normally use and it still says access denied in the log files

thanks again,

Reed

The password for remotes does not have to be the same as the master. Check 2 things.

1. You don't have a firewall up on that remote blocking the comm port.

2. Make sure you have entered the default IP for the remote box in the panel. If it is not the default IP for that remote box, it will fail.

If all else fails, throw in a ticket and we can look at it for you.

• 3 weeks later...

If you follow the instructions on the second post everything should work correctly. You might get an error in the console about some missing plugins but it will still work. Then just log in to your control panel and run the update so your new server is updated. That will get rid of the startup errors.

If you are having problems you can create a ticket and we will look at it.

Archived