How critical are your servers to TCAdmin

studeggle

OK I have been noticing that server liscencing seems to revolve around your servers. You update somthing for new purchases rather then a new key, and I noticed that when you were down for a minuet or two a couple weeks ago I had a problem with my TCAdmin that went away once you were back. (granted I am on the monthly lease) So I have just started to wonder how critical our your servers that store the liscence information to our running TCAdmin on our own servers?

License information on the number of servers you are currently allowed to run is stored on our licensing servers. When you install a new server and run the configuration wizard it contacts the license server and checks the number of servers you currently have running, and will allow you to install if you have an availible license to do so.

You master monitor will update itself with the master license server every so often to check the number you have running. If the license server were to go down, the monitor has been instructed to keep checking for a certain period of time before de-activating itself.. This timeframe is in days, so that if the licensing servers were to completely melt down, we would have time to pull the backups onto a new server.

Any problem which you had, would most likely not be due to the licensing server. It would most likely be a human error with the license not being updated properly, or a network issue such as a firewall blocking the web port so the license could not update itself.

:sad: Uggg on the being tied to you. Yea a week is wonderfull if its just an error. But with all my experience online I have come to not trust my status on another companie staying live. And basically what you just said is that regardless of what liscence I buy if you quit for any reason I loose my gaming control panel in one week :cry:

FYI: Yea I was in the middle of an update when my server lost contact with yours for a couple minuets so it was probably wrotten timing on the comm outage that cuased the glitch :cool:

Not true. If the worst would to happen and TCAdmin was to leave the scene, there would be one last update sent out to remove all licensing restrictions on your panel.

Licensing needs to be in place to protect against theft.

Archived