Linux ?!?

Guest Unregistered

Guest Unregistered

Will you ever ever support linux with TCADMIN ? Our company with almost 70 U1 professional game servers run on LINUX, and I must say that we love TCADMIN.

Linux is more stable, more responsive, higher FPS than windows ... and we have all sources and engines based on linux.

So, will you support in the nearest future linux distributions ? Slackware may be the start ... :)

Linux is more stable, more responsive, higher FPS than windows ... and we have all sources and engines based on linux.

That depends on the game. Some games run better in Windows with the Battlefield series being one of them. Also most new games are not being released with a Linux version out of the gate, or at all, so Windows has Linux beat in that regards.

As of now there are no plans to bring back the Linux version of TCAdmin mainly because there are million flavors on Linux and making it work with all versions requires too much work and support.

Not sure thats quite true. 7 months solid of using Windows and not a fault, Windows Server 08 handles 1000fps so matches Linux. Ive only had good comments on using windows so far. I guess tho at the end of the day it comes down to how you set it up. Never dropped a fps, nor a server.

Guest Unregistered

Windows Server 2008 ?

I've only tried Windows Server 2003 RC with TCADMIN, and never get more than 50-60 fps in CS1.6.

Guest Unregistered

yea, I know ... but you as a hoster ... will you let your clients to use ping booster ? It will eat all your CPU ...

Depends on your hardware.

With windows we need to use Ping booster software to reach 512fps (windows server 2k3).

And its not as bad as you may think. You only have to have 1 instance of the software running. Or you can open up a flash page or windows media player. They all do the same job.

I have one dedi running 10x 100tick rate CSS servers running at 512fps and under load its 17% cpu usage on a quadcore xeon 2.4.

Before going with windows we did concider linux etc but we just found that Windows did do the same job as linux and tcadmin was available. Windows had built up a bad name for itself yes but i think untill you use it and see how solid it is now, you would concider it.

Even Server2008 is a good package out the box. I ran it for just over 2 months testing various pieces of software i use and never came across a fault.

Windows has made great strides to increase the stability of their server products, and in my opinion have succeeded. Win2k3 is a very stable OS, and Windows 2008 also is very stable.

The only fact that I cannot argue is Linux is free and windows in most cases will cost you.

Guest Unregistered

Ok, I will try another TCADMIN install on windows, to see if my game servicies will perfome better.

What Windows OS Version do you recommend me ?

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly your country has been flagged as high possibility as fraud?

I have created a single invoice for your license. If you log into the billing system and pay it I will activate it. You will need to wait until the next invoice is created to create a Paypal subsciption for it.

Thank you

Invoice paid:

You just paid without exposing your financial information.

Receipt ID: 2Y870082XA986922K

The payment for your purchase from Balance Servers has been completed.

Keep this Receipt ID and contact information in case you need to contact the merchant or PayPal. PayPal has also emailed a receipt of this transaction to you.

As you can see in this thread, this TCADMIN license is my second test using windows to host my game servers. If I will make HLDS run at 300 ticrate I will want more REMOTE licences, should I contact you to create it manually (like now) ? I have no problem with this, just to know what to do :)

Archived