Slow Startups - Counterstrike

stealthservers

Well after several years of running counter strike servers, I have recently ran into a very strange issue. I will say this issue is specific to a linux server, but I figured it could be cross platform.

Anyways all the CS servers on all our boxes are taking up to ten minutes to start. From the command line there are no errors, it just seems to randomly hang.

There are no errors in the logs either. My assumption is that it may be something with the steam servers. Has anyone noticed any similar issues, or have any insight into this?

Brad, I have noticed this with 1 of my boxes that I rent for my gaming community and its only on that box and its Windows 2003. I haven't really looked into it as it isn't a big deal for me at this moment. I will see what I come up with.

Yea I just verified with a couple other GSPs, it is in fact the steam master servers running extremely slow.

If you are experiencing the issue (doesn't effect everyone) adding -nomaster to the command line is a temp fix, though this of course removes the server from the steam browser.

We have been experiencing it on server servers over the last 24 hours.

You think thats bad?

I got a guy getting this (Client Channel (userid) overflow) He bans the guy and he comes right back and crashes the server. Seems the old exploit is now able to work again? I hope they didn't screw up the last update. Anyone else having clients get this? To date it's just one guy with no mods installed.

Archived