Varilogix

ECF

Varilogix provides many fraud prevention services. Here is there website.

http://varilogix.com/

The owners name is James and I have personally met him twice. Once at a Modernbill convention and once at HostingCon out in Las Vegas.

If you speak to him tell him Kevin from TCAdmin sent you over.

And no, we have no affiliation with them at all. We simply use their service for our own billing.

People can put whatever phone number they want to put.

How does this call back help?

Has anyone seen it catch fraud orders before?

Fraud Checkage

- Any order that seems 'out there' or 'different' or 'not normal' I investigate thoroughly. I try to make contact with the customer either through email or phone conversation.

- I trace the order from IP to see if it matches the city/state they put.

- I compare the billing information (name/phone) to the information they put in modernbill.

If any of the above do not check out we will not install the service. Usually 9 times out of 10 if you wait 3 days it will reverse or get chargedback. However I have had some payments more than 4 months old get charged back before. It's insane and there is very little protection.

With Paypal to have seller's protection you must require that they confirm their address. But with that we've found it to be more trouble than it's worth. More than half the customers couldn't figure it out and therefore were unable to pay.

We submit any fraud information we may get to our local FBI offices as well.

People can put whatever phone number they want to put.

How does this call back help?

Has anyone seen it catch fraud orders before?

I agree. You can call and verify orders all day long but if the person files a chargeback and says someone wrongfully used his/her card, telling paypal you called to verify the order is not going to help.

It may help with the disputes if you have the card holders voice verifying the orders. There has been a few occasions where we've contacted the client and made it known that we have there voice and I.P. recorded verifying the order and will pursue legal action if needed.

Archived