trial

OldMan

Just got the trial software loaded on to a server 2003 box iam running from home its behind a router and not in a data centre ..

On setup iam getting Cant connect to mySQL server on localhost (10061)

is 10061 a port and if it is what type of port tcp or udp or is it blocked by server 2003 , i see now this is web based but iam farming the web part out so i dont need it is there anyway passed this issue ????

Thanks OldMan Gordy ...

The main port for MySQL Servers is 3306, and you may need to do some port forwarding on your router settings and if you are doing the web control panel on your server I would use the Microsoft Access Database and if I was you do not host game servers from your home connection. as if you everything you do effects your servers and if restart your router you will keep getting new a ip and Colocation is better if ur a newbie at GSP's and all you need to provide is your own hardware and you can get access to their game install ftp account so you can get the game files easy and you can have more then 1 ip address

Thanks Tazz i know that its just ill be moving to a data centre later when i get everyting sorted out .. Thought it would be better to get to know my way around this software first . I understand that TCAdmin gives better control not only for billing but in what the client can do with their server

and for client online setups , I can do server setup from making folders and running them , but i was looking a bit more and came to TCAdmin for trial.

Got passed that by doing setup by Access now all i have to do is figure out how i login to make servers lol long gone are the days of 8008 processor

8mhz things were simple then , lol :D

Personally I do not understand why people try to run game servers or dedicated servers from home. All of them have issues with routers or ISPs blocking ports and it makes it impossible to troubleshoot. Especially since most of them have no idea how to open up the ports on their router.

Archived