Game Restart

Salmus

Hi,

Few days ago I decided to create my own restart servers script (crashed ones), as my last request to TCADMIN - for halflife games - I understood that you will never support HLS protocol ... so, I have 2 questions:

1. TCADMIN uses gamestat library to query games ? If YES, I could easily modify gamestat library to suit my needs with halflife engine. (both A2S and HLS protocol)

2. If TCADMIN doesn't use gamestat library to query games, it seems that my last option is to build my own script - to start/restart crashed servers.

How can I do that ? I will code in PHP

http://clientforums.tcadmin.com/showthread.php?t=3708 doesn't work for me.

Half Life: Counter-Strike 1.6

It was a time when CS1.6 communicated with HLS protocol - now it's on A2S protocol.

Tcadmin only supports A2S protocol, and I have almost 20-25 game servers wich use HLS protocol (heavy modified mods)

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Server_Queries#Protocol

HLS Procotol:

Details: \xFF\xFF\xFF\xFFdetails\x00

Rules: \xFF\xFF\xFF\xFFrules\x00

players: \xFF\xFF\xFF\xFFplayers\x00

A2S Protocol:

Details: \xFF\xFF\xFF\xFF\x54Source Engine Query\x00

Well, a2s protocol needs a challenge code to respond to the queries.

First you have to send \xFF\xFF\xFF\xFF\x57 and get the response (challenge code) and query again for:

rules: \xFF\xFF\xFF\xFF\x56{$challenge_code}

players: \xFF\xFF\xFF\xFF\x55{$challenge_code}

HLS Protocol is very very simple, no challenge codes - no futher verifications ... just a single query:

\xFF\xFF\xFF\xFFdetails\x00 --- ÿÿÿÿdetails

I DO NOT NEED HLS PROTOCOL FOR RCON COMMANDS ! Just want to use TCADMIN at 100% and make him query HLS protocol servers and RESTART them if necesarry.

I cannot use this tcadmin function at this time, becouse tcadmin will restart over & over again - HLS protocol servers.

I asked this already, nobody want to make it work ... :(

It is not necesarry to make an new option like "CS Old protocol" it's just needed to integrate current protocol to perform 2 queries to an server.

if ($query1 == "failure") {

if($query2 == "failure") {

$serverstatus = "offline";

}

}

else {

$serverstatus = "online";

}

Or something like that ...

Any news !?!?!?!?

My clients aren't very satisfied, beacouse servers wouldn't AUTO-RESTART on CRASH ! In linux I easily done this using a script.

Please ANSWER to ME ! I really need this ASAP !

If you could integrate HLS protocol in the TCADMIN would be more than awesome, if you do not have time for my request please tell me how to remotely restart an gameserver, and I will make myself a script.

You will get an answer when Luis has looked at it and determined if he can add it. At any rate why would you want to create a remote server restart script when you client can simply login to their panel and click restart?

You will get an answer when Luis has looked at it and determined if he can add it. At any rate why would you want to create a remote server restart script when you client can simply login to their panel and click restart?

1. I pay an full TCADMIN license, so I want to use the system up to 100 percent of his features, that's why I choused TCADMIN.

2. My clients are sick of 'restart' button, beacouse of the addons servers may crash more times during a day - so the server will be offline until the owner manually restart it. That's not a solution ... If we got a panel, then we need something to do this automaticly - read point 1 - that's why I choused TCADMIN.

When a server is crashed, clients can't do anything more than restart, they cannot know the reason why the server crashed. TCADMIN doesn't support the feature 'view server console' for clients. Hope that TC2 will, beacouse this is a big minus for every game hosting provider - everytime where is a startup problem I have to waste my time with a client, to find the issue, and correct it myself.

I saw that 'view monitor console' option is available for admin, I think that would be easily to implement in game servers.

I only requested an solution, If luis doesn't have time for me - maybe he will have 2 minutes to answer my questions ...

1. TCADMIN uses gamestat library to query games ? If YES, I could easily modify gamestat library to suit my needs with halflife engine. (both A2S and HLS protocol)

2. If TCADMIN doesn't use gamestat library to query games, it seems that my last option is to build my own script - to start/restart crashed servers.

It will be great if Luis will implement HLS + A2S protocol in the current query library, but - it's very urgent to me ... and I'm trying to figure it out how TCADMIN works - so I can make a quick fix for it.

Thank you ! Waiting for your answer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi LFA,

It's excellent, works great ... but can't you implement both protocols in the same compatibility module ? Beacouse I have to do alot of work to see who is using HLS engine and who is using A2S engine ... I have more than 40+ CS servers - and I want to add more TCADMIN servers in the near future -- so it will be very hard work for me to ask an client what kind of engine protocol will he use -- and what if he want to change it ? Then I have do manually change compatibility ....

Maybe you can make an separate module named "CounterStrikeA2S+HLS" with RCON feature disabled -- just query ...

Thanks in advance !

Archived