Far Cry 2 Config?

globel

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just changed our prices. $129.99 16 slots min (about $8/slot). LOL? Who is going to buy this game at that rate.

They obviously intended this game to be single player only.

We thought about offering it at $6 a slot but with the CPU load, we are going to charge $8 a slot, min 16 slots, and limit the number of installs to one per box.

The CPU load is going to kill this game if Ubi does not fix this soon.

We had the same thought on the pricing. Started at $6 because of the ridiculous idle performance, but after seeing the CPU scale to terribly with just a few players we had to up it. Seems game server hosts pretty much agree on the price for this game so far.

I wonder if GameServers.com will offer it at $.99 :)

gameservers.com will not be offering this game, and after carefull thought neither are we, to many headaches. Can you imaging the size of the patches that are gonna come out lol. its gonna be like those 1.5G patches MOH Airborne came with. This game is uterly useless and way overhyped.

I just played 3 hours of Single Player and im very dissapointed, players are like stickmen, textures are horrible, takes like half a clip on an AK to kill someone. ill just wait for COD5 as the next and upcoming.

Honnestly, what is the point of having this game in your list with there stupid way of making business.

They dont even try to help GSP. They only built there own dedicated server for there test and leave us the great job of having to create it and repair it.

We could say anything on EA but for the BF frachise, they did come up with a nice dedicated setup. For Activision, its not a pain to deal with them but UbiSoft, what a waste of tallent here in Montréal.

Im going to wait for the CD/DVD game and the patch that they dont have any choice to make. :mad:

P.S.: The team of COD5 must be happy :-P

Edited by agentpr24

Some GSPs are starting to drop their prices. You can find FarCry 2 now for $5.00 a slot. When I crack this CPU load issue I will rent them for $1.00 a slot until then we are not even going to try.

I'm doubtful that you will crack the cpu load issue. That would require going into the source code. There is no simple fix, it is what it is. I'm going to rent 1 per machine, 16 slot minimum, $139.99/mnth. Great if I make a sale, oh well if I don't.

There is no such thing as a bad game to host, only bad pricing.

AOWC had it for $1.49 Tuesday evening, I see they have adjusted to $5.00 per slot. If your a big company like AOWC; who likely have many idle or very low load servers, it makes sense for them to sale it at $5.00 per slot since they have ample unused resources.

Edited by impulseg

Done, we have reduced the CPU load and we have the command line syntax

I will have to see it to believe it. Send a SS of Far Cry 2 running in a text box without the server launcher along with your task manager in the background showing cpu usage.

Honestly they do not care. The game is designed for single player and they make their $$$ based on that model vs. trying to make it with MP.

I found FC1 very enjoyable in single player mode. However I did not like the MP component. So if I were to buy FC2 it would be for single player only.

Honestly they do not care. The game is designed for single player and they make their $$$ based on that model vs. trying to make it with MP.

I found FC1 very enjoyable in single player mode. However I did not like the MP component. So if I were to buy FC2 it would be for single player only.

Same goes for me, besides Bobby will probably just break it. ;)

Posted Thu October 23 2008 12:23

I own HostileContact.com we tring to offer Far Cry 2. Because of the resorces I see the server using, it will not be a $1 a slot game. Without it being fixed I see it at $4 to $8 a slot. Plus with no command line parameters there's noway to set the server up.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/8751060796?r=3321001796#3321001796

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 82 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use