WEB administration

Thankyou :grin:

Are you considering an Apache/PHP interface? I have several of this type of installation already is all.

And does a master server use more resources than a client

server?

With the IIS hosting packages, can I use my own url to address them? and can I remotely query the MySQL database ?

Apache version no. But we do currently have a linux version which we are working on.

Depending on the master configuration, yes it can use more resources than the remote. Remotes run a small footprint monitor program which takes very little resources. A master can be used for an FTP point for remotes, which of course would take bandwidth, and can if you use TCAdmin's server monitoring system which collects data from all of your remotes, the master will use CPU and ram while collecting those stats.

With the web and db hosted with us, you can use your own domain of you like. And I will let Luis answer about the MYSql queries. I don't think it's an issue, but I would like to get the true answer from him.

The TCAdmin control panel is built on ASP.NET which requires IIS. There will be no PHP version. Apache only supports ASP.NET with a Mono plugin which is not officially supported yet.

With our TCAdmin hosting package you can access you control panel using yourcompany.tcadmin.com or any sub-domain from your domain (sub.yourdomain.com). You can connect to your MySQL database from your master server.

Thankyou, I am starting to get a clearer picture now.

I am considering running the master server in my office [via a cable connection], external to the datacentre, where I can easily access and upload games/patches etc, then let TCADMIN do the FTP and distribution work.

The bandwidth used by the master server is approximately how much?, and what happens to the client servers in the event that the master server may be down.

BTW, thankyou for answering all my questions, I believe you have a top notch product here :grin:

We would not suggest running the master on a cable connection. And with a dynamic IP it would not work, sine TCAdmin uses built in IP security features that require the IP for the machines to remain the same.

Couple that with the fact that cable upload speeds would take forever to FTP game server files from the master to the remote in the datacenter.

Archived