F.E.A.R.

Chew

I took a quick look at the MP demo server files today.

It appears that the dedicated server looks for the server configuration file in the Documents folder regardless of what you put in the command line. So using the automation process for this game will not work as far as I can see.

The configuration file however is straight forward. Simply edit the slots in each gametype, and put the ip in bindtoIp field.

ECF, I wonder is there perhaps a way to edit the shortcut that's installed in the FEAR root directory to point to another location?

And if so, would that in fact work in getting around the problem of the wierd placing of the config file?

Matt Lestock

You can edit the shortcut to the exe file, but the game still looks in the odd folder for the config files. This brings up another problem. With the files in that directory, each server will have to have a differently named config file. Otherwise multiple games will pull from the same config.

So you will need to name the configs like:

clan1.txt

clan2.txt

and so on.

So as it looks you will need to create manual services for Fear games.

Hopefully COD2 will be better :razz:

I noticed this shortcut in my fear folder.

Shortcut to User directory

Which has a location of

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monolith Productions\FEAR"

I wonder if we can change that to a directory housed inside the main fear folder, and not worry about different config files.

Matt

well seems that didn't work, as this is probably one of the most retarded servers I've ever seen, I hope they come out with a dedicated package, I've heard they're working on one for linux, no word on a dedicated windows package

this is probably one of the most retarded servers I've ever seen, I hope they come out with a dedicated package

I second that! I've been screwing around with this one for a whole day with no end in sight. This is the dumbest setup I've ever seen.

• 5 months later...

Hmmm...has anyone tried it with 1.03?

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

VERSION HISTORY

====================

Version 1.03

------------

Server:

* Added Punkbuster Support. For more information on how to enable Punkbuster on your servers, please see Section XII of the

serverreadme.txt file.

* Fixed bad string output for messages typed into the console from a dedicated server operator.

* Added Japanese character support to FearServer.exe.

* Editing server options with scmd will now update info on remote clients.

* Fixed issue with launching a new listen server after disconnecting from a server running custom maps.

* Fixed issue with the –archcfg command line option not being recognized when running a dedicated or listen server with a mod .archcfg file.

* Added a new command line option, -userdirectory <path>, to set the user directory to the specified path, instead of the default path of \Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared\Documents\Monolith Productions\FEAR.

Please refer to the serverreadme.txt file for more information on this option.

* The -optionsfile command line argument will now recognize a full path to the server options file, making it possible to reference an options file outside of the user directory. Please note that the full file name must be specified, including the extension (e.g. ".txt").

* The -mpcustomizations command line argument will now recognize a full path to the customizations file, making it possible to reference a customizations file outside of the user directory.

* The server multiplayer scoring log file now resides in the user directory rather than the executable directory.

* The server multiplayer scoring log now provides the unique ID of each player and the objective points scored by each player.

* Fixed issue with the Linux dedicated server failing to start if the multiplayer scoring log was enabled.

</td></tr></table>

I know of at least one GSP here that is running it with TCA.... I was tempted to rent a server from him to take a look since he has not posted his config :smile: :razz: But I am not trying to fault anyone for not posting a config, after all it is business. :smile:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

NP Rich :smile:. I do not like to ask for them, I would rather figure them out on my own. I made one and when ECF posted his, compared his to mine to see what differences there were. I am not even offering it to my customers yet as I am not comfortable enough with the game to support it in the manner I feel it should be :smile: I guess I had better brush up on it since the multi-player is going to be released for free shortly :smile:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use