Current Currency Exchange Rates!

warcore

Due to the current Global Climate :oh noes and the UKP £ VS the USD $ it is becoming extremely difficult for most smaller GSPs and other UK Based Business Entity’s being able to meet the costs involved with Licences for our specific requirements! The amount is considerable with all these Vendor Licences such as TC Admin, Plesk Billing, Clan Panel, Team Speak, Domain IP and of course the largest payment being made the Colo Fees! I do not see any response from these Licence Based entity’s all trading from USA about adjusting the Fees in accordance with Global Currency Rates :~ ? In effect this means that we along with all the other smaller Companies are now paying almost double for the very same Licences we where purchasing 3 months ago :( ! I am raising this issue with all the Companies that I deal with and pay monthly subscriptions too... I do not envisage in the perceivable future given the current climate any other alternatives but to go over to other dB Clients that are Free Based and available if these issues are not resolved regarding the above verbatim!

Please consider the effect this is having on our trading and existence also your own existing client base and perhaps the loss of these Companies will no doubt be detrimental to your Companies Trading and Profits as well as the online gaming community? Given the current climate changes globally with the Economics I think you should consider what I have flagged up... we are all here because of our support for one another but without some sort of understanding and adjustment we will all cease to trade! I will wait on a response from yourself and all the other dB Providers before I make a decision. I am sure that you will be able to comprehend the gravity of the situation and the difference it will make to us trading or closing the doors...

Very best regards

Warcore Gaming

While its awfull to have to pay more of ones local currency for the same item due to the exchange rate, you can't expect american companie's run by americans living in America to adjust there price when you currency isn't trading well. Would you be happy if they raised the price when the reverse was the situation so they could collect more pounds.

And I no full well the sting of currency exchange I spent over a year orking a US job in China being paid US dollars. During much of that time the Yen was getting stronger so my paycheck bought less and less, but I was not expecting them to adjust there prices becuase my dollar wasn't as valuable. Thats just the way it goes when you deal with international companies.

I responded to your support ticket regarding this subject. However I will point out here as I did in the ticket, we have not raised our pricing in 4 years. By rights we should have by now. But we do not to try to help smaller GSPs get a foothold in the market.

I will also respond to your reply like I did in the email!

I cannot believe your arrogance and naive attitude? Warcore Gaming by no means are a small concern as you put it and have been on the gaming scene and web hosting and POP3 Mail for over 8 years? And do not bloody lecture me on how to administer a remote Server I am well aware of what the market has to offer pff... You seem to be completely belligerent to the whole issue?

do you think you can go and hike your already IMO exuberant fees with the current inflation on the Global Economy? Remember you are a Global Trader? I do not think that is possible if you thought you could have increased your Packge Costs you would have done so? You are using that as a pretty weak way of dodging the real issue? Do you think global businesses do not adjust trade rates with inflation on the Global Economy and Markets when trading throughout the World? Do you think that Global Business & Banking just bodges along and never follows Currency Exchanges and trends when trading? OMG I cannot believe how ignorant that could be... :oh noes

“Go ahead see how many people you lose & see how many sales come in!” If you raise your Package Prices... And a lot of the people that post here are not using all the Software that could be implemented into there business as they can not afford to pay for all the Licences I mentioned simply because they are smaller!

You seem to have an attitude problem and the way you type to clients is wrong... a real pity and bad reflection on TC Admin & the majority of good people & traders in USA! Do you think because you have a large Client Base that it cannot go down the tubes overnight because the reallity is if the Currency rates rise or fall you have to adjust accordingly when trading?

Through your naive attitude I have and see Companies go out the door daily that thought they were invincible in the market place and never heeded or take account from Customer feed back... and they are all not small fry that use how you put it inferior interfaces... which is of course is complete Bull Crap. What the hell did we and others use long before your or other remote automated integration was commercialy available?

I have been polite and not tried to be in your face raising some valid and fare points... instead you have a swipe and snide comment at our Business which is completely wrong? You obviously did not even interpret the communication correctly. I perhaps hoped you would take heed of real issues and concerns about the current market place of which you seem not to be too concerned about at all. Well I shall be posting your comments into Forums and Blogs for GSPs and Gamers alike as I think your attitude stinks. :confused:

I cannot believe your arrogance and naive attitude?

Excuse me but that's your attitude :) If your bussines model doesnt support little exchange fees, maybe you have to change it ?

I dont know £/$ exchange rates but only EUR/$ (im in France). I'm using Paypal for TCadmin invoices so i dont have to pay CC fees (in France we have fees on international transactions), but in all my plans i'm using 1$ = 1EUR, just to avoid this kind of problems ! And in worse case if the $ will be > EUR, i dont think the rates will be 10:1 :)

Currect exchange rate for $/£ is: 15,00 USD = 9,77707 GBP so where's the problem ???

Even at £10, I find TCAdmin is still very much worth the money. By all means, vote with your wallet if you are dissatisfied.

If you want to save on costs why not buy an owned licence? It works out at a bit more per month for your master server, but you save with your remote servers. After that, you just pay a small percentage per year to continue receiving support. If you have been around for 8 years, surely you must have enough capital to do this?

I seriously doubt that they will lower the cost of the product just because the pound has been devalued.

Apparently you do not understand english that well unless it is riddled with overly large words that most people would not understand.

I simply stated that we have not raised our prices in 4 years, and if you had a problem paying for software you may wish to look for free alternatives.

I have not and did not say anything about you company being small or did I belittle it in any way. After your above rant I can see you simply cannot afford to pay your bills. Well I am truly sorry, but in this world we live in we cannot simple demand that a company lower their prices because we feel that we are paying too much. That's like me buying a new car and financing it, then going back to the bank 3 months later and saying "I want my payment lowered because gas prices went up". What do you think the bank would say to you?

I was in no way belligerent towards you in my ticket response, and we are not naive to this business or the global economy. We have been here for just about 5 years now.

I am sure you will get similar responses from the other companies as well.

If you cannot afford to sustain your business using paid for software then there are other alternatives out there that you may choose. That is what I stated in the ticket response.

So please do not come in here pointing fingers and ranting about a true response I gave without the sugar coating. By our own privacy terms I cannot post the ticket contents but I will let everyone here know that it was in no way written as the poster claims.

One could also argue with your line of thinking that when your Dollar was high compared to ours (U.S.) for most of 2008 that you should have been paying more for your licensing during thit period. Since you didn't I would call it a even exchange. ;)

This is a Global problem not just your countries, tighten the belt and run at a BE if you have to.

As Kevin has stated a solid product like TCA with the awesome support and updates at no price hikes in over 4 years! I just am wondering how they do it all at basement bargain prices already.

If you can't handle it then I got a song for ya..

LOL

Bite the bullet i know i used to be paying £5/£6 for the license 2/3 years ago for a $15 license its not gone to £10/11£ so doubled in the space or 2 or 3 years but bite the bullet tcadmin can't do anything about it. And i dont think they should keep changing their prices to suit the "crap" and i use that term lightly exchange rate.

You wouldn't be moaning if it was the other way round and i doubt tcadmin would be. Im from the UK and always pay in GBP and i would never raise an issue about the exchange rate.

Its just life eh =(

I well Joshua I agree about the silly inflation but when it almost goes to 100% then there is some validity in my rant! I did not say that I would be stopping my services with TC Admin I just made a valid point about Global trading regarding the current climate... Some idiots that replied in the thread seem to take delight in Flame rather than adding positive comments. Regarding my English hmmmm... that is right off topic and nothing to do with the threads topic and seems like a rather strange comment to make? Especially when Americans use different grammar! All of our trading is mainly UK Based and any Clients we have from overseas are discounted accordingly with the currency exchange fluctuations... "Some people care."

Well as I stated before we have sold our product for the past 4 years without any change in the pricing even when the exchange rate was in favor of the UK.

We will not be changing our prices anytime soon on Version 1. Version 2 will most likely cost more than version 1.

A word of advice, and no this is not sarcastic in any way. You may want to raise your pricing slightly during this particular time period to offset some of the cost associated with the unstable economy. Even a slight raise of $.25 per slot will help you keep you on track.

Well about raising the price that’s out of the question completely as I said and as we state in about us on our Domain we are a company that pride our self on keeping cost as low as possible for the Gamer with the best possible quality Games Servers, however that does not mean using cheap ass Pound Server Hosting with crap Data Centres and miserable capped bandwidth restrictions offering no fully automated remote services for the Gamers such as TC Admin Clan Panel, Modern Billing, WHM, Ec Panel, Etomite, Triton Associates Team Speak Panel etc which of course all have to be paid for with Licence including the Colo Providing the ultimate experience ease of use for Gamers and Web Users with Slick fully integrated automated packages with really nice Servers and no lag are essentially the key core issue to ease the end users experience.

The whole Idea & concept behind http://www.warorcore.co.uk was for Gamers founded by gamers not for Profit. We do not want to have to force our clients to pay more than they already do! Considering all the other cost factors involved. The Customer has to pay for ISP, Games Software, GSP and of course usually always have to pay for new Hardware for latest Products IE GFX Card etc. According to recently conducted Market Research and other studies all these extra costs are having a detrimental effect on our Industry along with cheap ass here today gone tomorrow 80 and even as low as 50 Cent so called GSPs and the crap exchange rate are all having bad effects on decent GSPs. It’s of course entirely up to you! If you wish to increase your software costs go ahead but at the end of the day it will be your loss after taking into account all the above costs that are involved you will be the one cutting your own throat when less clients are able to purchase your interface.

Warcore, I’m afraid more is not always better. Both the attract more customers with lower prices and maintain higher profit margin per sale for less sales are completely valid business models that work. Microsoft is a clear example of that, they keep there OS prices high (especially there server OS) but yet they control the majority of the PC market and aren’t doing to bad in the server area of PCs. Despite the fact that there are many alternatives out there for less cost, and some even say some of the alternatives are better quality.

TcAdmin is a high quality product and it has already been clearly demonstrated in several threads that there is a large percentage of there consumers that are ready to pay more for the product. Not saying they want to , just that they feel it is worth it and if it comes would fork over the extra cash. Add to this when they increase the price they raise there profit margin per copy sold and decrease there support as there are less yahoos purchasing the software and less customers total to support further increasing there profit margin by reducing there operating costs.

Will they loose a few customers changing price, sure they will they have fully admitted they figure higher prices will choke some out. But they have also hedged this by maintaining V1 at the old price and only raising the cost for the newest version. Frankly most would consider this to be extremely smart marketing and business practices.

Add to this cheaper (for the same item) is not always better, several GSPs here and on other forums I frequent have found there sales to actually go UP when they raised prices. Not because they were changing there product, but because they were moving there price farther away from the cheap fly by night hosters. There is a very large group of gamers out there who will not touch you if your prices are to cheap REGARDLESS of what others say about your service. Add to that I think many of the GSPs from the old days before the market was flooded when there were far less customers would tell you they did better back in the old days with less customers, several of the old companies have even gone under in the new market despite the increase in customers because they tried to switch to the more customers by cheaper prices model.

From personal experience I can tell you when I got in several years ago I actually questioned the legitimacy of TcAdmin and there software due to there cheap prices. So much so, that I tried to use a throw away email address to sign up for the free trial. On the other hand if they had been more expensive I would have felt them more legit and used my normal email. (Ended up giving out my real email and getting the product, but the image was actually they are to cheap to be legit) There is a very large group of business consumers who expect to pay for a quality product, and keeping there prices low could well be scaring off some potential customers.

Archived