Uninstalling Mods

Hogie

There is no uninstall method. What the user can do is manually delete the file, if it is one a one file mod. Or they can use the default command line to change it, so the mod is not called.

With the amount of mods out there, and the flexibility of the mod system, it would be next to impossible to be able to track and uninstall every mod.

Do I NEED to check the new command line option if I need new command lines? In the manual it says it opens up the command line for the user, but I dont want them editing it (ie, I need it to be my regular command line and +set fs_game q4real). When I install the mod on one of the servers, then hit preview arguments under the service, it isn't showing the fs_game being set....

The mod system allows you to specify a completely new commandline if you need it. When the user installs the mod, it will automatically use what you have entered in there. Keep in mind it must be a complete commandline, not just the +set fs_game command in that line.

Or you would rather, you can assign the +set fs_game in the commandline system and allow your users to do it.

It is advisable that if the mod requires it, that you create a new commandline for it in the mod system.

nothing happens when i click those command lines. They were added by mod installs...

The page just refreshes. Normal ones that the user creates, i can do, but the ones by the mod installer dont remove with the admin account.

Also... There's a little problem that was brought up by one of our users. When they install a mod, and it goes to the screen that says the mod is being installed, the rest of the mod install screen is blank of data. There's nothing in the drop down, and it has the rcon/hostname/password fields (even if the mod doesn't have them marked for that). I have a picture I can do to show you (but I dont want to link here since it is our panel, and has our name all over it. Dont wanna advertise).

Also... There's a little problem that was brought up by one of our users. When they install a mod, and it goes to the screen that says the mod is being installed, the rest of the mod install screen is blank of data. There's nothing in the drop down, and it has the rcon/hostname/password fields (even if the mod doesn't have them marked for that). I have a picture I can do to show you (but I dont want to link here since it is our panel, and has our name all over it. Dont wanna advertise).

As long as the mod installs, Luis says that should not matter. But he will look into why that screen is dislaying.

Archived