Interactive with desktop

ZeepySea

I have an app that runs and relays all the gameservers info to an IRC. I had no issues with it before, was able to use it and everything. But now that we have switched providers and servers it's not working.

I can start it up via Remote Desktop no problem. But when I try via TC it just won't work, so I am trying to make it show up on desktop. I have the interact with desktop box checked and yet it won't interact with desktop. It has no command line to input -console.

I need it to come up thru desktop so I can see the error and fix it. I know it's running as it's in the processes, I just can not see the error and fix it.

How can I get it to show up?

Why wont interact desktop / console mode work with 08? Works fine here.

Really, How so. Doesn't work from my experiences, and I have searched around quite a bit online to discover that Interact with Desktop does not and will not work on Windows 2008.

Please let us know if there is something I we are missing and you have gotten Interact with Desktop to work on Windows 2008. Thanks.

Need to have /admin in the target shortcut for RDP. You also need to start the interactive desktop service in windows 2008 services.

I am familiar with that method, Not quite the same as the normal Interact with Desktop compared to Windows 2003. Kind of a hassle in my opinion to have to use the Interactive Desktop Service having to go into the second window, and then having to go back and fourth between the windows.

I am familiar with that method, Not quite the same as the normal Interact with Desktop compared to Windows 2003. Kind of a hassle in my opinion to have to use the Interactive Desktop Service having to go into the second window, and then having to go back and fourth between the windows.

I don't understand its the exact same thing.

I don't understand its the exact same thing.

I don't see how it can be the same exact thing. When I use Windows 2008 and use the interactive desktop service I get a prompt about "showing a message" and when you click show you can see the console window, along with all of the other game servers you might have running. But when you click show the message your desktop disappears and you have to click "return now" to return back to your desktop where you cannot see your game server consoles again. Also, whenever I have clicked "return now" it closes out of my RDP session.

So is there a different method of doing it that I am missing, or...? Thanks.

Just the one application as in TCAdmin that is not functioning properly, or...?

Do you have the Interact with Desktop checked for each of the game servers, check the single install itself to see if for some reason TCAdmin or yourself did not check the Interact with Desktop box.

Also, one more thing to try, go into one of the game server directories and run the server through that method to determine if it is just a TCAdmin error or if you cannot see any of the consoles.

Hope this helps, let us know if it doesn't.

I can get them to run fine if I start them manually by going to their directories and starting them. With all the info needed in the shortcut. I use to run servers like that until I found TCAdmin.

All the applications won't show up when you check the interact with desktop. But all the others run fine, you just can't see their consoles.

I just need to see this ones console to see what the error is.

Double check again to see if Interact with Desktop is checked, then give the server a restart, and see if it pops up then.

Also, if you just need to find the error you can look in a server's log files, most game servers keep logs of any errors they encounter. What game are you running so we can direct you to where the logs are kept.

This isn't a game, it's an app I created to relay the info from the games to an IRC Channel. I have it right now relaying the info from CS:S TF2 CoD4 and CoDWaW.

It is checked and nothing still shows. I just don't see why it won't show the apps anymore. They use to show, but over the updates to TCAdmin they have vanished. I'm not sure which one did it but one of them removed the ability.

Hmm... that's quite strange. Haven't done a lot with third party applications and TCAdmin, so I can't quite help you with that. Hopefully someone else on the forums can pipe in with some information about third party applications and there integration with TCAdmin. I do apologize about that.

Archived