Question about server memory using.

Guest dikx

Hello, can anyone tell me about the memory that is used from the process of running a gameserver, for example, a server with this capacity:

# Intel Xeon 2.4Ghz

# Kingston 8GB DDR2 800Mhz

# WD 36GB 10000rpm

# Seagate 1TB 7200rpm

# 1Gbps Connection

How many gameservers can run with TCADMIN?

Regards and Thanks

Memory is rarely a factor. In my experience the cpu will max out before the RAM.

Humm.. Yes, I see.

Then for this server specs, how many slots do you think that this can run ?

Thank you

Impossible question to answer. There are too many variables that affect how many slots a server can run.

Variables such as?

I can try answer.

Thank you

Regards

Generally you should have no problem hosting most games with 2GBs Ram especially with single cpu machines. 8Gbs Ram is a waste since your cpu will beg for mercy before 1/2 the memory is ever put to use.

Hope this helps!

Hello,

yes it helped. And then I would like that you suggest a good CPU, as I already readed that XEON CPU's can have some problem...

Thank you,

Regards

Read*

(Sorry that bugged me..)

What problems did you hear about the XEON's? We use them over at QS, and we love them.

The C2Q's are nice as well if your trying to save a few hundred bucks per machine, however they perform significantly less then the XEON's.

Read. Sorry about that, just saw in another forum and "thought" that was like that.

About XEON's' problems, I heard that some XEON's CPU a few times ago, were having problems with srcds and etc..

Can you recommend me a CPU that could support about 350slots, please?

Regards

Archived