OS support

amccoy

but you guys have to realize that not every server you place online has to have 16GB RAM, bigger is not always better.

HIS-Mother and I talked about this one day on MSN. Seems like a lot of the small GSPs are cutting costs by building dual quad cores with 16 GB of RAM to decrease in rack fees. By stacking that much hardware in a single server you stand to lose more if that single server goes down. I would suggest the biggest server to be a single quad core with 4-6 GB of RAM depending on the game you are hosting.

HIS-Mother and I talked about this one day on MSN. Seems like a lot of the small GSPs are cutting costs by building dual quad cores with 16 GB of RAM to decrease in rack fees. By stacking that much hardware in a single server you stand to lose more if that single server goes down. I would suggest the biggest server to be a single quad core with 4-6 GB of RAM depending on the game you are hosting.

;)

I'm gonna buy dual quad with 6go of ddr3, but I can only rent windows 2003 Web or Standard version

In that case you go with Server 2003 Standard 64-bit. If 64-bit is not an option, you will need to go with Enterprise 32-bit.

If you host rents our web and standard, then he can also rent enterprise, datacenter etc. They may just not have them listed as the licensing fees for such version are through the roof and therefore they are rarely used.

Well I have to rent my licence, 50$ a month =/ for each server.

So I have a question, does windows server 2003 web edition support game servers and tcadmin so my licence will only cost 25$ ?

TCAdmin does support Web Edition, the price you are paying ($50/Month) is very steep for a Server 2003 Standard license.

Archived