Loads

TheGSP

You can only have one master server on each setup. This does not mean that only one server can hold the game installation files.

You can configure any server as a master ftp server, then configure the other servers to get the game files from the closest master ftp server.

You can also keep the game files on each server if you don't want to use FTP. That way you have faster setup times but you have to keep the files updated on all servers.

I've tested both and:

Pro's: GameCP:

-Linux support!!

-Saves a lot on diskspace (game files are sym-linked)

-Uglygs build-in game support

-Pre configured qstat for game query

-Uses standard FTP server installed on server

Pro's TCAdmin

-Better windows support

-Slightly cheaper

-More user friendly

-Better web layout

-Better TS2 support

-Remote FTP install

-Supports standard services (not just games)

-Adding mods/maps templates more easy

Since linux support in TCadmin is planned, we decided to go with TCAdmin as its a lot more user/admin friendly then GameCP, and the remote FTP install.

Nico,

WARP3.COM

I've tested both and:

Pro's: GameCP:

-Linux support!!

-Saves a lot on diskspace (game files are sym-linked)

-Uglygs build-in game support

-Pre configured qstat for game query

-Uses standard FTP server installed on server

Pro's TCAdmin

-Better windows support

-Slightly cheaper

-More user friendly

-Better web layout

-Better TS2 support

-Remote FTP install

-Supports standard services (not just games)

-Adding mods/maps templates more easy

Since linux support in TCadmin is planned, we decided to go with TCAdmin as its a lot more user/admin friendly then GameCP, and the remote FTP install.

Nico,

WARP3.COM

Nice point about TCAdmin and linux.

I actualy found gamecp did have good support, but the look and their site isn't right.

The same thing they do with Uglygs and qstat we do internally without using any third party software :grin:

True :smile:

But i do say, qstat is completly independent and like with us, we compile our own qstat, so it can query 100% of any game. With TCadmin's way the game needs to be supported bu TCadmin. (not that I'm complaining, i do like TCAdmin :smile:.

But I would like to see something like : http://www.warp3.com/gamestats but then generated with TCAdmin :smile:

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">LFA wrote on Tue, 15 November 2005 17:57</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

The same thing they do with Uglygs and qstat we do internally without using any third party software :grin:

True :smile:

But i do say, qstat is completly independent and like with us, we compile our own qstat, so it can query 100% of any game. With TCadmin's way the game needs to be supported bu TCadmin. (not that I'm complaining, i do like TCAdmin :smile:.

But I would like to see something like : http://www.warp3.com/gamestats but then generated with TCAdmin :smile:

</td></tr></table>

I think Luis posted a script for that type list in the scripts forums that queries all the servers for you.

Then there was this one by Monk as well.

http://www.tcadmin.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=638& start=0&rid=2

• 3 months later...

Anyone who says GameCP's support is good needs to have their head examined. GaemCP's support consists of now 2 people one of which is more like a rabid rotweiler than a support person.

The guy is a total jerk who expects you to "figure it out".

Anyone who says GameCP's support is good needs to have their head examined. GaemCP's support consists of now 2 people one of which is more like a rabid rotweiler than a support person.

The guy is a total jerk who expects you to "figure it out".

lmao

thank god i ver chosen tcadmin as i compared both,..i was thinking hard about which one to get

Archived