Dfbhd

SickPuppy

Having an issue getting Blackhawk Down to run using the server manager.

It will try to start, a screen starts to open, but then just disappears. The only error in the log is

[2/8/2009 5:17:06 PM] Error Reason : You are not currently connected to a game.

[2/8/2009 5:17:06 PM] Error Method : cmdMainStartHosting_Click

LOL, you sell the game but you can't get it to run. Always hilarious to see such activity

The game is having a problem and is asking for user input. Since you are running it as a service it is unable to get a response to resolve it. You should see what if any errors you get running it directly. You could also try piping the output to a text file so you can identify all activity between the game and your system. Not just what it wants to put in an error log.

LOL, you sell the game but you can't get it to run. Always hilarious to see such activity

This is the one thing that you can count on when posting in this forum, a smart ass remark.

I have come to expect remarks like this and would probably be disappointed if I didn't get a few on every thread.

Did you just wake up one day and discover you knew everything, or was it through divine intervention.

Go to the connect Tab Press Start game then start hosting or set it to autostart hosting in the tick box. You can't host since the exe is not active. Start game executes the game. Start Hosting brings it to lobby.

:)

That is what I did, the problem occurs after clicking on the start game, a window attempts to open then stops. It never starts the game and so the Start Hosting will not work.

BHD requires a Video card with 3D acceleration. Some on-boards can handle it but most wont.

Probably your issue. Delete the dfv.cfg from the game folder and Fire up the exe manually. It should run a video test and recreate that file. If it fails you will need a Vidoe card that supports it. The only way to run one without video is to get the Affiliate Server code.

Also it wont run under RDP. You will need radmin,VNc or some other Remote Desktop software that enables 3d since RDP disables all graphics acceleration.

This is the one thing that you can count on when posting in this forum, a smart ass remark.

I have come to expect remarks like this and would probably be disappointed if I didn't get a few on every thread.

Did you just wake up one day and discover you knew everything, or was it through divine intervention.

Nope, I don't even begin to think I know everything. But I know better then to put games on my for sale list until I am very very competent at running them. But to each there own.

DFX2 releasing in March and Angel Falls coming ?? LOL NDA Yes, also dont forget a % of your toal revenues from the games. LOL And you guys think EA is bad.

So I see we have some nova logic fans here. I take it that getting the Affiliate Server code is not an easy thing to do.

Would it be easier to just send a video card to the data center and have it installed? Will the Affiliate Server files allow you run the game servers without the 3d card?

What is the cheapest card it will run on?

This is one F**Ked up game, Leet was right total server crash. And now I if I try to start a BHD server with any other server on that box running it won't start. I have to kill all other services in order to start a BHD. After I get the BHD started I can then restart the other services. Something is happening during the hosting process that is making the server unstable.

Well, looks like I will just have to remove it from the list, problem solved.

This is one F**Ked up game, Leet was right total server crash. And now I if I try to start a BHD server with any other server on that box running it won't start. I have to kill all other services in order to start a BHD. After I get the BHD started I can then restart the other services. Something is happening during the hosting process that is making the server unstable.

Well, looks like I will just have to remove it from the list, problem solved.

ya, there are ways around it but its not worth the trouble...:)

=bobby

Archived