Server LAG

kaosx

I was just told today that if you leave a server on the same map without restarting it can cause the server to stutter as in if we had low FPS.

I have noticed that with 1 server i have running its a dust2 warmod server and i have to restart it atleast once aday..

I can also jump on a clients server that hasnt been restart in 3days and its still running as smooth as silk..

So iam just wondering if anyone else has every experienced this or knows about it

Cheers

Funny the other servers have the same mod installed and they have a map rotation maybe leaving on 1 map to long starts to eat up some ram i wonder?

Cheers

Also how do you reboot automatically.?

I can't remember the exact parameters, but have a look at the shutdown command. Then, setup a scheduled task in Windows to run the shutdown command with the correct paramters (such as rebooting instead of standard shutdown!).

.Bat file

shutdown -r -f -t 5

run that as a task. ;)

Exactly what I always have used. :) Works like a charm and is very easy to add as a scheduled task.

I don't remember exactly, but I remember a couple of people telling me that windows turned to crap after a couple of weeks to a month. Which is the main reason I did weekly restarts. Maybe someone could go into further detail as of why this is helpful, or even if it is in the first place.

Exactly what I always have used. :) Works like a charm and is very easy to add as a scheduled task.

I don't remember exactly, but I remember a couple of people telling me that windows turned to crap after a couple of weeks to a month. Which is the main reason I did weekly restarts. Maybe someone could go into further detail as of why this is helpful, or even if it is in the first place.

Wouldn't that be the answer to all things this world. WE have just accepted this is the way of windows. I don't think even Bill Gates has the answer to that.

Archived