TCA Advanced

VicToMeyeZR

I have updated to the beta version, and installed the files.

The PDF does not describe the Game Switching features very well.

Where do I put the config option for the game id?

Do I set the initial game id for game 1, and then in configurable options set #2 = >25 there?

Anyone else tested this yet, and how did you get it to work?

It's pretty straight forward once you figure out how everything relates. Depending on how you have your packages setup you would add your custom fields first then go to module settings and each dropdown should fill in what you have in the 1st step.

If you take a peek through the default_values.php file you should get a good read on how it's configured and what each variable does.

Sorry, Read it too fast ;)

If you check the readme and reference the default_values file it shows what the parameters should look like. We don't use or have the game switcher feature setup through the panel so I'm afraid I cannot really help you out more then that. I'd shoot Luis a ticket if your still stuck.

Not everything can be controlled from the module settings unfortunately, as Rich says you will need to edit default_values.php to do this. I reccomend you create a seperate one for each switch package otherwise that switch package will be on every product/service you offer. To make it a bit simpler, make a new file such as gamename.php include default_values.php and copy from default values only the game switcher code. That way, you don't have duplication of configuations should you need to change anything else in default_values globally.

I'm now using the TCA Advanced module too, once you get it working it's very powerful, and hats off to the TCA team for developing this.

In the server definition page of WHMCS? Yes

Previously, I had a hostname in the IP box (it worked, and since it's a shared IP it's the only option) but now (for TCA advanced) it seems you must put the hostname in the hostname box and leave IP blank.

622149264_tcawhmcsadvanced.JPG.956b922ddf2babc86daa5abe3a26e29c.JPG

In the server definition page of WHMCS? Yes

Previously, I had a hostname in the IP box (it worked, and since it's a shared IP it's the only option) but now (for TCA advanced) it seems you must put the hostname in the hostname box and leave IP blank.

WHMCS won't let you Rename that field on the orderform? I think that confuses people.

=bobby

Anyone had install it so I can have a look? ^^

There is nothing much to see to be honest, either install it yourself and have a play around or wait. It brings a lot of nice new features and a better approach to defining your products and services but you wouldn't gain anything just from looking at it ;)

erm, my system is actually 100% working so if I change it and it won't work xD I'll be fucked up. So I would like to see it before I install it to see if it worths it.

Setup another WHMCS install, use the free trial or ask them if you can get another licence for a while to test out the new TCA module without risking your existing one.

Keep in mind that the module is still in beta testing. There have already been a few bugs that have been found that need to be fixed.

I would suggest not using it in a production environment until a stable build is released. Also, as KJ noted above I would test it using a WHMCS trial before installing onto your production system.

There have been many changes made to the module which allow for advanced operations. However, this is only for new setups. All existing clients you have within WHMCS will need to be setup manually in the system for it to work properly.

There have been many changes made to the module which allow for advanced operations. However, this is only for new setups. All existing clients you have within WHMCS will need to be setup manually in the system for it to work properly.

I found that by editing my existing server definition (rather than making a new one) to the TCA Advanced module, all clients products and services where placed onto that (as the server definiton will have the same Server ID as before) - therefore there was no need for them to be setup manually. All features are working.

I do agree that beta should not be used in production, but I jumped straight in at the deep end and went live. No customers have reported any issues and i've only had a few things to report back to Luis which have been promptly fixed.

I shall be testing this later today. Seems much better. I also am planning on going in at the deep end. Im an experienced programmer so should be able to pick up on any quirks I find. I do agree its probably best not to, but I just can't wait :grin:.

Since its not ioncube encoded I can also finally fully integrate my ventrilo reseller panel into it (if anyone interested in that kind of thing post here :) ).

Found a bug. Some of you may be familiar with the "|" operator in WHMCS. If your not, heres info from the wiki:

Also note that certain modules require the configurable options to have a certain config option name. E.g The TCADMIN module requires the amount of game slots configuration to be called "Game Slots." However, you may want to call the option something else while not breaking the module (maybe to make it more clear). This can be done as follows. For example:

Game Slots|Select the amount of slots you want

This will communicate with the module with the section before the "|" symbol while displaying the text after the "|" symbol to the user on the actual order form.

Obviously, this module doesnt require exact names anymore, but it should still work.

If you include the "|" operator in the custom fields section then the values will be returned NULL, and so it is not sent correctly to TCADMIN. This does not apply to configurable options - it seems to work fine here.

Also, there really needs to be an option in the module to select f you want the panel user/pass to come from WHMCS or as a custom field. Anyone wanting to do this should replace:

$billing_api_values["user_name"] = $params["username"];

$billing_api_values["user_password"] = $params["password"];

With:

$customfields = $params["customfields"];

$billing_api_values["user_name"] = $customfields["Username"];

$billing_api_values["user_password"] = $customfields["Password"];

In there values php files. You then need to create a custom field called Username and Password for each product using this value file.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been hanging on, and although am anxious to move to this, I am still of the mind set that if it aint broke, dont try and make it better..... but I do want to move to it and have been waiting for a completed release before doing so.

However, I feel that I may give it a go before hand, but just have a few questions......

How easy is it to move to this from an existing setup? Does it require manually editing ALL current Packages, and if it does can they pretty much remain the same?

I found that by editing my existing server definition (rather than making a new one) to the TCA Advanced module, all clients products and services where placed onto that (as the server definiton will have the same Server ID as before) - therefore there was no need for them to be setup manually. All features are working.

How easy was it to go about this? And is it something that needs to be done after all the packages have been changed?

Other than what is currently mentioned are there any other issues that have surfaced that I should be aware of?

Since its not ioncube encoded I can also finally fully integrate my ventrilo reseller panel into it (if anyone interested in that kind of thing post here :) ).

This sounds interesting... How have you gone about it, and who do you use... we are with Hurricane.

Thanks for any help guys.

How easy was it to go about this? And is it something that needs to be done after all the packages have been changed?

Configuration > Servers

Edit your TCAdmin server

Under "Server Details" change the type to Tcadmin_advanced

All existing client services should now be on the Tcadmin_advanced module. You will need to edit your products and sevices manually however.

Archived