Question

Admin-Nation-Servers

2008 for stability, quickness, features, robustness, HPET, 1000fps, etc...

I think the benifits of 2008 will out weigh 2003 anyday.

You only need the enterprise versions if you are going to be using like 1TB of ram, or clustering, other than that it is wasting your money.

i use Window 2K8 enteprise and standard.

Its free if your a college or university student or a teacher.

Is that for hosting gameservers? I'm pretty sure that isn't allowed in a commercial environment? :p

It isn't up to the college, its up to Microsoft. All EDUCATIONAL licenses must be removed from your machine after school. If she had an open license provided through the school, then that is different. I highly doubt that they gave her a open license on a personal computer, that would be illegal.

nope, if you look at the agreement you clicked when installing, the Windows XP/Vista/2008/Office 2007 must be UNINSTALLED when you are DONE with school.

That is in the license agreement :/

Unless otherwise specified, the Services are for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Services.

I've looked at the TOS. I'm not starting this into a flame-thread; I just don't want a fellow GSP evading the costs when we have to pay for licenses.

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but do any of you know a good source of SPLA licences? My datacenter does not offer them, and I don't feel like paying full price.

Your HP account manager should be able to sort you out or contact insight.. Been with them for nearly 4 years and they have hardly put a foot wrong (apart from the odd double charge :p)

Archived