does any1 know gamesclan.it ?

dimitrifrom31

Today received an email from some1 pretending to be a customer of a company called gamesclan.it.

He was saying his server has been down for days and that when it was on the name "roxservers.com" (my company) was showing up in his arma2 server so he assumed we were working with gamesclan.

The fact is I never heard of that company and their website is down so they are probably closed by now, wondering if they are/were a legit structure and how comes they were using our name (maybe from a TCA config, at least thats the only explanation I could figure out).

I tried a whois on their domain name but theres no email linked, only name and adress.

Gamesclan is a legit company. I am not sure why one of their servers would be showing up under your name. Maybe they used your config file and forgot to change the branding or hostname variables?

At any rate, I know the owner personally I can assure you he would not intentionally use your company name in an inappropriate manner. I am sure it was a mistake.

yes but all Gamesclan has been completly deleted from Hackers we are making an hard work to get Gamesclan back online in some days.

we have over 50 phisic servers erased from an hacker attack, sorry for any issue creating this problem.

Gamesclan will be back online in the next week but we need a very hard work

sorry for all

yes but all Gamesclan has been completly deleted from Hackers we are making an hard work to get Gamesclan back online in some days.

we have over 50 phisic servers erased from an hacker attack, sorry for any issue creating this problem.

sorry for all

Ok well I admit it was a bit confusing since there was no website, control panel down etc. and when your customer told me we were partner well kinda surprised me.

You should email your customers or if you lost their emails make a fast html webpage informing them of whats going on cuz the one who contacted me was thinking you guys closed the doors taking his money.

Good luck recovering your stuffs btw if you got hacked you may want to try processguard thats really worth the money in its full version.

Idk if my personal experience can help you but i recently had 1 machine hacked and the hacker used telnet.exe altho i had telnet service disabled. I figured it out installing processguard, saw that telnet.exe got blocked by it.

sorry for all

Wish you the best of luck on getting everything back up and running.

dimitrifrom31 the server name if it was an arma 2 server came from the config you posted a while back cause i downloaded it to have a look when you posted it to compair it to mine and your branding was in there along with your server server messages

bestway in future would be to remove your branding and server messages to protect yourself.

regards

dimitrifrom31 the server name if it was an arma 2 server came from the config you posted a while back cause i downloaded it to have a look when you posted it to compair it to mine and your branding was in there along with your server server messages

bestway in future would be to remove your branding and server messages to protect yourself.

regards

just shared my config, up to those who dl it to edit :) I mean i spend time making cfgs, i got np to share some but i wont spoon feed ppl :)

anyway thats what i thought and couldnt expect what happened either.

just shared my config, up to those who dl it to edit :) I mean i spend time making cfgs, i got np to share some but i wont spoon feed ppl :)

anyway thats what i thought and couldnt expect what happened either.

Why provide it then ? If people can't make there own configs what makes you think they will edit it ? :p

I'm sure everyone is grateful for the cfg's posted but to save grief I'd suggest if your intending on creating a config to share here make sure to post it without your company info first. It only takes a second to go back and add your branding which would clear up any future issues like this.

Either that or have one of the forum mods set the board permissions so they must manually approve any posts in the configs section. (Just an idea :) )

I'm sure everyone is grateful for the cfg's posted but to save grief I'd suggest if your intending on creating a config to share here make sure to post it without your company info first. It only takes a second to go back and add your branding which would clear up any future issues like this.

Either that or have one of the forum mods set the board permissions so they must manually approve any posts in the configs section. (Just an idea :) )

I agree.

Well I just post my config as they are for the simple reason its a "gift", I mean I share it on my time to the community cuz I appreciate getting help when I need it too.

Although im not gona make a special version removing my personal features and I doubt this kind of "accident" could happen everyday.

What I mean is that by getting a premade config you save minutes if not hours of work so you can spend a few seconds to check the contents and edit it to your needs, this is the very MINIMUM you can do if you pretend to be an honest GSP.

Those who dare to provide servers without even knowing how it is configured are giving a bad name to this activity and dont deserve their customers $$.

As an ex customer myself I have figured out how comes I used to get such a cheap service with some european providers, most of them were probably just using premade work and didnt have any knowledge about game servers hosting.

So my idea is better in this way, lets make cfg's with an obvious joke inside to fool those who fool customers :)

hostname = CheapQuality.com

motd = We rap*d your money out !

So my idea is better in this way, lets make cfg's with an obvious joke inside to fool those who fool customers :)

hostname = CheapQuality.com

motd = We rap*d your money out !

Pretty much the only folks who download configs from that forum section are new GSP's so I fail to see the humor.

On one hand you portray yourself as "Going out of your way to be helpful". On the other you wish to screw with anothers business.. I'd suggest acting a little more professional. We all started the same way my friend.

If you want to help then do it the right way. If you think it's too much work then don't do it..

Pretty much the only folks who download configs from that forum section are new GSP's so I fail to see the humor.

On one hand you portray yourself as "Going out of your way to be helpful". On the other you wish to screw with anothers business.. I'd suggest acting a little more professional. We all started the same way my friend.

If you want to help then do it the right way. If you think it's too much work then don't do it..

was just kidding about the fact some ppl (not new TCA users) are using TCA cfg's without even checking its contents.

Obviously im not gona screw my configs on purpose, this was just a joke to highlight the well known fact some GSP's dont care much that their services are short handed.

Idk how you started but personaly even If I had to learn much about TCA and used premade configs (that I edited ofc) I also went on game forums and spent hours reading FAQ's and troubles posts to got some knowledge about how to set up properly the game and fix some issues "just in case of".

I got np in helping ppl who start but i dont have any kind of respect to the old GSP's who dont even spend a few minutes on servers configs since they are just ruining the business making customers doubtful about serious ones too. anyway this is going off topic and should be closed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived