punkbuster update errore

tangogc

Starting the Punkbuster Update...

****Don't close this window. If you close this window the update will still be executed on the server****

Downloading the newest version of Punkbuster...

ERROR: Too many automatic redirections attempted.

An error occurred while updating Punkbuser. Please close this window and try again

Any Idea ?

One thing I did look up was that the user agent wasn't being sent which could cause that error. However, I am not sure if it's on TCAdmins side or PB. I can access the directory manually at PB when I do not use TCAdmin, but in addition to the error in the first post, I am now getting a 403 forbidden access error when I go through TCAdmin.

that does not resolve the issue

i have the exact same issue with my cod4 and cod2 server (only ones using PB)

everything was working up until a few days ago and nothing has been changed in system settings

i tried changing them to

http://www.punkbuster.com/downloads/cod4/pbsvnew.dll

http://www.punkbuster.com/downloads/cod2/pbsvnew.dll

and

http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=dl-cod4.php

http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=dl-cod2.php

and still get the following error:-

Starting the Punkbuster Update...

****Don't close this window. If you close this window the update will still be executed on the server****

Downloading the newest version of Punkbuster...

ERROR: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

An error occurred while updating Punkbuser. Please close this window and try again.

i currently have a support ticket with tcadmin about it so hopfully they will find the answer

well luis has been to my gamepanel and i guess he found nothing wrong there as he asked if i could dl the dll files on remote using the web browser

i have checked and that was not the answer either as it downloaded to the desktop fine

so i have supplied him with the login details for the remote in the hope he can find the problem

heres to hopping it's an easy fix :S

Yeah, it was working for us after I edited those last week as it was having a resolve error.

Now ours stopped working as well. I wonder if evenblance security doesnt like the way TCa is calling it.

My guess is Evenbalances MOD security is catching it.

Anyone know what agent TCA is using in the get header? IE, FF ?

I have received anther answer from PB staff.

He say "we no longer are supporting PBWeb"

that's could be a big issue for everyone here .

I wil wait Luis answer but I think that Tcadmin staff have to talk with PB staff to fix the problem

veru bad news any update from Luis ?

Hello,

PBWeb has been discontinued for some time. It's simply no longer supported.

Both PBSetup and PBWeb were intended to be used only if the auto-update feature of PB fails. If you are trying to preserve bandwidth, then you'll need to use PBSetup on a single local server and replicate the updated files to your other game servers.

If you have any other questions about this, please don't hesitate to email me directly.

Jaggl has I sai before now after the last PB staff answer the only way to fix the problem is:

1) Kevin or Luis from tcadmin talk with PB staff

2) All GSP from this forum ask by email to PB Staff to Renable PBWeb update untll a different solution will be find.

Archived