punkbuster update errore

tangogc

The reply I posted was the only reply that I got from PB with my support ticket that I opened with them. This will cause a major problem as from what we have seen in our usage of TCAdmin it doesn't auto update at all. Most clients have had to use the update PB link in TCAdmin to get their game servers to update.

@tangogc

I also can be done over the PBSetup.exe Manually and this tool have Command line Options, so it can also be done like HLSWupdatetool or also i think over a Secondary Application (dont know, it should work, but i didnt have tested it)

Hi, I have already fixed this and there will be an update available in about 1 hour.

The error is caused by a change that punkbuster made on their web server. It is not accepting connections from the .NET web client's user agent.

Another solution, at least temporarily might be to setup a mock folder on the master server where you have each game .exe only in a directory so the pbsetup tool can update it, then setup a http link through IIS to each folder, and use that link for the PB update link in TCadmin. Maybe setup a batch file to automatically run pbsetup each morning or something.

Archived