longer timeout for backing up database?

dexion

Hi is it possible to set a longer timeout for the backing up database system tool? I am now past the point where it will time out instead of start.

I have 30+ machines with 2 weeks performance deta and all the servers. I believe it just takes too long to gather the info before it times out.

dex

it was 2 minutes i changed it to 20 minutes. I dont believe thats what im up against as it times out after about 10 with either setting. I think its something within ie thats doing it not the server or your site it just takes too long so it times out.

Might be due to a large database.

Are you using the MYSql backup through TCAdmin?

If so, I can have Luis take a look at it.

For reference, with larger databases, I would suggest installing MYSql manager and setting a scheduled backup within it.

This will fully automoate the MYSql back, so you don't need to manually do it.

If you need help installing and/or setting up a backup, we would be more than happy to help you out. Just throw a ticket our way :smile:

Yes im using the backup from the web page. I find it handy to pull it down to a remote location on demand. There are many other ways of doing it, I just got used to doing it that way.

Not really and issue I can use msa to do it.

Archived