Left 4 Dead + TCAdmin ?

MLS-Shawn

I've been hosting CS/CSS/COD4 on tcadmin for awhile without any problems, but now I have a L4D server up and the team is telling me it is crashing repeatedly.

The only thing I can think of is TCAdmin thinks it is down so it is trying to reboot it... which is odd because in the "Game Server Monitor" plugin I have the Restart Service and Stop Service options set to OFF if the game server does not respond.

Anyways, the L4D server is online even though TCAdmin thinks it isn't. I believe this is due to the wrong setting under the System Settings > Supported Games > L4D Details (settings page for the game) for the "Game Compatibility". Right now I have it set to CounterStrikeSource, is that correct? Or should it be set to something else like Half-Life 2 or Source?

We use halflife2, you can allways change and try different queries on your own ;) there have been several games that have changed query so you need to be familiar with editing and checking this on your own.

To stop TcAdmin from interfering with a game it can't query set the query to none.

Is the CEVO config equipped with a plugin? When CAL was doing L4D they released their own plugin that changed the slots - which disabled the game server - not sure if that's what's happening but hope I could help a little :)

Post the cevo config here - maybe something is hidden in there causing these issues.

We are not able to use the game-monitor due to this.

sv_cheats 0

//Adjust tank spawns: 100% chance on every map

sm_cvar versus_tank_chance_intro 1

sm_cvar versus_tank_chance_finale 1

sm_cvar versus_tank_chance 1

//Adjust witch spawns: 0% chance on 1,5, default chance on 2,3,4

sm_cvar versus_witch_chance_intro 0

sm_cvar versus_witch_chance_finale 0

sm_resetcvar versus_witch_chance

//Adjust boss spawn completion rates: 90% on 1-4

sm_cvar versus_boss_flow_max_intro 0.9

sm_cvar versus_boss_flow_max 0.9

//Tanks spawn in the same place for both teams

sm_cvar versus_tank_flow_team_variation 0.0

//Allow players to switch teams 9999 times per map

sm_cvar vs_max_team_switches 9999

//Turn almost all spawnable medkits into pills

sm_cvar director_convert_pills 0

sm_cvar director_vs_convert_pills 0.0

sm_cvar director_pain_pill_density 5.0

//Disable tank suiciding if no AI path to survivors

sm_cvar tank_stuck_time_suicide 99999999999

//Disable all SM plugins except for core, RUP, scores

l4d_ready_competition 1

exec cevo_map.cfg

//Configure the RUP plugin

l4d_ready_enabled 1

l4d_ready_both_halves 0

l4d_ready_minimum_players 6

l4d_ready_server_cfg "cevo_map.cfg"

l4d_ready_search_key_disable 1

//Configure the scores plugin

l4d_team_order 3 // ABABA

//Restart the map after 5 seconds

sm_restartmap

/////

say "CEVO Config has been loaded, last updated 6/25/2009"

hm..

if its due to the CEVO plugin ready up mod, that could be why.

I think Valve never fixed or updated this. I had a customer who was really mad but it wasn't TCadmin or the server configs. It was Valve since there some type of error in Windows that they didn't fix. I heard L4D run better with the CEVO readyup mod on Linux.

Since some problems occur on Windows & some does on Linux. I'm still not sure if they ever fixed it error with the ready up mod.

It has to be something with the memory error or some sort or one of the .dlls

did you get any .mdmps?

That is pretty much why they gave up fixing that half made game.. which is broken L4D. and are now releasing L4D 2 in november :) hahaha.

that sucks. I don't think Valve wanted L4D to be competitive. But, yeah, it seems like it was crashnig alot due to the CEVO readyup when I had one up.

But im not sure if its still broken or not. I am just "guessing" :D so don't flame or hate if they did fixed it.

That is pretty much why they gave up fixing that half made game.. which is broken L4D. and are now releasing L4D 2 in november :) hahaha.

that sucks. I don't think Valve wanted L4D to be competitive. But, yeah, it seems like it was crashnig alot due to the CEVO readyup when I had one up.

But im not sure if its still broken or not. I am just "guessing" :D so don't flame or hate if they did fixed it.

L4D wasn't a broken game, it was the plugins that CEVO and others that were made which were broken and not updated.

One guy by the name of Damaged Soul ported the mods MetaMod and SourceMod by himself, and if you know anything about scripting.

You all know that L4D does not have any linux binaries, he basically hacked the .dll's and reverse engineered that game to allow the SourceMod/Metamod scripters to develop those extra slots, that competitive play and all those other types of plugins running about on the L4D servers.

Has nothing to do with L4D nor its Vanilla game settings......

It's nothing more than the 3rd party mods and how they need to update to the latest versions and find an alternate fix to those plugins that do not get updated regularly.

What you need is a plugin to stop the stats upload.

I put that on my left4dead servers and no random crashes :D

Let me look for the name of the plugin...

you bother reading this thread at all? they are not random crashes it's when you exec the cevo config I posed above.

Alright, NephDSU.dll is a metamod plugin which blocks some/all of the steam stats upload so players dont lag out/get disconnected.

By the way, vanilla left4dead servers work perfect.

yes, of course vanilla servers work fine because the problem is the cevo config.

I've been hosting CS/CSS/COD4 on tcadmin for awhile without any problems, but now I have a L4D server up and the team is telling me it is crashing repeatedly.

Let me quote this better "TEAM IS TELLING ME IT IS CRASHING REPEATEDLY"

Hmmm, Sounds like Derek didn't read the original post...

Derek: Your logic fails (to bad he has me blocked)

yes, of course vanilla servers work fine because the problem is the cevo config.

No its not. How come every server I host gets disconnected on the 3rd map or so. When I use the plugin I stated above to block some/all the steam stat upload no one gets disconnected. Plus these servers were only running sourcemod not cevo.cfg ;)

---

cevo.cfg runs fine.

No its not. How come every server I host gets disconnected on the 3rd map or so. When I use the plugin I stated above to block some/all the steam stat upload no one gets disconnected. Plus these servers were only running sourcemod not cevo.cfg ;)

Then you are doing something wrong as we host 50+ l4d servers and work fine until someone uses cevo.cfg .

Why post if you are not using the cevo.cfg as clearly that is the problem as I stated in my first post.

Archived