Garrysmod SVN

tehrichie

I created a series of bat files to automatically update the SVNs in the mod installs section of TCAdmin, by using the 7za.exe (7-zip command line executable), and a command line SVN client, I used an individual bat for each addon:

@ECHO ON

echo "Update SVN"

svn update wiremod

echo "Export SVN"

md "wiremod-exp\orangebox\garrysmod\"

svn export wiremod "wiremod-exp\orangebox\garrysmod\addons"

echo "Package + Move"

del /F /Q "C:\GameInstalls\GMOD\TCA.Mods\wire.zip"

7za a "C:\GameInstalls\GMOD\TCA.Mods\wire.zip" ".\wiremod-exp\*"

echo "Delete export folder"

rd wiremod-exp /q /s

This bat file updates the SVN, Exports it to a new folder (removing the temporary, un-needed .svn files), zips it and moves it to the mod installs folder, then removes the temporary export folder.

This bat would need to be changed to better suit your needs, such as the working directory you are using.

It's probably better to setup the regularly updated addons (such as wire and maybe even ULX) to do daily updates, and the larger, less regularly updated addons (PHX3, SBMP) to update infrequently.

I created a series of bat files to automatically update the SVNs in the mod installs section of TCAdmin, by using the 7za.exe (7-zip command line executable), and a command line SVN client, I used an individual bat for each addon:

This bat file updates the SVN, Exports it to a new folder (removing the temporary, un-needed .svn files), zips it and moves it to the mod installs folder, then removes the temporary export folder.

This bat would need to be changed to better suit your needs, such as the working directory you are using.

It's probably better to setup the regularly updated addons (such as wire and maybe even ULX) to do daily updates, and the larger, less regularly updated addons (PHX3, SBMP) to update infrequently.

Awesome, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Uhh just make sure that Slixor doesn't run it before you try it. Google his name on Facepunch.

I say that because it happens to be using the same template that he used on his past couple websites and it also appears to be situated in the UK. Also, take a look at the terms of service and privacy policy...

Uhh just make sure that Slixor doesn't run it before you try it. Google his name on Facepunch.

I say that because it happens to be using the same template that he used on his past couple websites and it also appears to be situated in the UK. Also, take a look at the terms of service and privacy policy...

It's the trademark of Slixor. Just be careful, investigate it.

Archived