COD2 Optimal Settings Problem

Hogie

Everytime we reboot our servers, all of our COD2 servers popup with the "Your hardware has changed blah blah, would you like to use Optimal settings?" like when you run the client after a memory upgrade/video card update. This is getting annoying.

Has anybody had this problem and fixed it, or have an idea on how I can fix it?

The latest TCAdmin update has a fix for it Hogie. Try updating to the latest release if you haven't allready.

I know there was one other thing that Luis had stumbled upon with COD2 as well. I think he will be including that in the next upate.

Its really been happening a LOT since I did that update... I had all the servers down yesterday for RAM updates, and I expected them when they started up, but not last night at 10pm from 3 - 4 people that restarted their games...

Its aggravating me, as Im loosing sleep over it (I hate the middle of the night "my server wont restart" pages).

Thank Activision for it :smile: We are simply trying to work around the issue with their game.

I know its not you guys. I guess they just hate people that help promote their game. I say we boycott Valve, Activision and EA Games until they fix their stuff! YEAH!

The latest update should have fixed both CODUO and COD2 issues with the Safe Settings and crash message pop-ups.

I let Luis know that you guys are still having the problem.

Maybe one of you can put in a ticket with your server login info, so he can take a look at it.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">ECF wrote on Thu, 02 February 2006 12:31</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Thank Activision for it :smile: We are simply trying to work around the issue with their game.

I know its not you guys. I guess they just hate people that help promote their game. I say we boycott Valve, Activision and EA Games until they fix their stuff! YEAH!

</td></tr></table>

Luis and I tested both UO and COD2 when he created the fix for it. I am not sure why it doesn't seem to work for certain people, when it odes for others. Must have to be different settings in the configs somewhere.

I do know he helped someone the other night with the same problem, and it was due to a different config setting. He mentioned something about adding another fix to it as well. Maybe this latest fix will be the one you need.

Actually I'm no longer having problems. I was more just curious as to if the fix was for both or just cod2.

But I'm still with Hogie. Lets boycott Valve, Activision and EA.

BTW, we play CoD2 on 216.86.149.75:28960 every Sunday night around 9:00PM CT. It's really the only day I have time to play, the more the merrier. Come join us and a few others for a good time.

Archived