Little Client Issue I found with Vista 64 bit

ECF

I downloaded the 64 bit client from Teamspeak and when I started the client I got an error message stating that values ccould not be written to the config files. Abort or Ignore?

It seems that you must run the client in administrator on Vista 64bit OS.

I am not sure if it effects any other operating systems....?

I've seen people say that but when you have real world bechmarks they come in the same. I can't see how 7 can be so much better than Vista because it's the same OS. It's not like going from Windows Me to XP. I've been running Vista x64 since it came out and the only problems I've had were drivers for a few months. One big problem with people that upgraded to Vista is the system they used was substandard. I know 7 has some new features added to it but it can't be that much better from what I've seen. I think the biggest differece was the marketing that MS done for 7. It was a lot better campaign this time around and the hardware makers had the drivers for it.

I too thought it was all hype as well. But I have been running Vista for about a year now and have had nothing but issues with on both my desktop and laptop.

My laptop was totally screwed by windows updates and refused to install .net 3.5. I installed Windows 7 on it and it runs much faster without any type of issues at all.

when u browse windows related forums and look into issues threads, most of the weird/unknown/unsolved ones are related to vista.

I ll stick to XP until I really need 7 for compatibilities reasons or w/e. By then ppl should have faced and solved most of the known bugs so this way if i got a problem I will make more chances to find a solution using google :)

Archived