Teamspeak 3 Tutorial

JasonF

If anyone has an easier way to do it, by all means share it. This is how I got it working.

1) Download the latest Teamspeak Windows Server

http://teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

2) Upload the attached config into TCAdmin - this config calls the 32 bit exe

3) Log into the master server via remote desktop and unpack the files into the GameInstalls\TEAMSPEAK3 folder.

4) Right click the TS3 server exe and create a shortcut

5) Right click the TS3 shortcut and click on the Properties tab. Go down to the target windows and add a space at the end of the target and add the following with quotes

"create_default_virtualserver=0 createinifile=1"

6) When the TS3 window pops up, copy the serveradmin password and put it into a .txt file in the TS3 server files so you don't lose it. You will need this to configure TS3 to TCAdmin

7) Close the TS3 server box and delete the shortcut you created

8) Log into TCadmin as an admin and click on Voice Servers >> New. Choose Teamspeak Master Server 3. Put in a slot count and rcon password (these values are irrelevant so put anything). This will set the TS3 server as a Windows service and TCAdmin will make sure it is running.

9) Go to System Settings >> Voice Server Settings >> New Server

10) Choose Teamspeak 3 from the drop down menu. Put the server IP/hostname and the password that was given to you in the server window. Click Save.

11) After the page refreshes click Test to make sure you set it up correctly.

Teamspeak_Master_Server_3.txt

Hello,

i was following the steps and when i was at step 9 i have a problem. There is no teamspeak3 in that list.

Untill step 8 everything is ok. What can i do to see ts3 in "system settings - voiceservers"

Kind regards

SilverStarke

Have you updated tcadmin ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Tnx for fast reply but then how to see superadmin password? I have much more problems with ts3 the I had with games.

Create shortcut with following parameter : serveradmin_password=yourpwd

Followed this tutorial, get the Voice Server setup correctly, but now I get a "Connection Closed Gracefully." error. any ideas?

Did you add your servers to whitelist.txt in the ts3 folder?

Also adding:

logquerycommands=1

to shortcut will log all the incoming queries from tcadmin to teamspeak, so you will see which ip get's blocked.

Archived