Quake 3 Rcon

coldblooded

Works great so far, couple things:

Since we're in 1.30 we're not using punkbuster, the kick and ban links next to the players names attempt to use pb_sv_kick and pb_sv_ban. Would be nice if I could change those link's commands for different point releases.

Special characters in player names break the status command.

<div class="pre"><pre>'', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character. Line 4, position 3325.</pre></div>

You can change the commands used in System Settings > Supported Games > RCON Commands. There are 2 checkboxes.

Is kick command" and "Is ban command"

I'll see what I can do about the special characters.

• 9 months later...

Sorry to bring this old thread to life, but I'm hoping there will be a fix for the special character issue. Actually you must have done something because the error I mentioned above is gone, but when somebody is using a name containing one, the status command now just gives the message [Command Executed Successfully] but no list is shown.

Also is seems to break the player list with "kick" and "ban" next to the names, clicking either of the links doesn't work when a player with special characters is listed.

Archived