Counter Strike Source Beta

ECF

Some info I just picked up off the HLDS Mailing list.

COUNTER-STRIKE: SOURCE UPDATE NOW IN BETA

Available immediately, Valve has launched an extensive update to

Counter-Strike: Source, now in beta.

The update includes a host of new features and functionality developed in collaboration with Hidden Path Studios. These include 144 new achievements, a new domination and revenge system, player stats, and more.

This beta will run for a limited time, and once complete, the update will be deployed to all Counter-Strike: Source owners for free via Steam.

The dedicated server files are available via the HLDSUpdateTool using "-game cssbeta" in the command line.

For more information, please visit

http://www.steamgames.com

GAH :( this sucks. Been fearing this for 2 years now. About to slit my wrists :{

This is going to break so many mods, addons, and overall gameplay for MANY servers/server configurations. BOY OH BOY! All so I can hear 'blah blah blah dominated you' every 5 seconds, and I can earn the 'floggiest flogger flapper' achievement! Yay!!! :)

GAH :( this sucks. Been fearing this for 2 years now. About to slit my wrists :{

This is going to break so many mods, addons, and overall gameplay for MANY servers/server configurations. BOY OH BOY! All so I can hear 'blah blah blah dominated you' every 5 seconds, and I can earn the 'floggiest flogger flapper' achievement! Yay!!! :)

lol, the game sucks so much. Not worried about the mods/addons but the GAME PLAY sucks so badly. The models skate across the screen , you can't bhop.

According to Valve this is an "attempt" to fix all of the exploits currently present in CSS.

haha :), you sure you didn't read that wrong? ..im almost sure it might have said an 'attempt to fail css'

:) haha...And I do again highly commend you for changing the face of things TCAdmin (talking v2) properly, systematically and orderly, and most importantly WITH the input of the *key* target AUDIENCE you are selling the product to. ---not like this css update.

lol

I agree :D

Anyone hosted some servers yet? Any changes such as CPU usage and memory, etc information ?

Yes, Expect all that to increase. The new hardware requirements are much greater than for source. More memory, more cpu time, and more bandwidth required.

I put a temporary server up yesterday, which held a good 15-25 people for most of the night, and the hardware load pretty much resembled TF2. Clientside demands have also increased greatly. No more CSS on my blackberry :(

It's now running out of /orangebox. Can't set tickrates...

Yep! and loads of other rediculous shit :)

And confirmed today, a majority of the exploits they say this "fixed" stll work perfectly fine. :) Good thing its still beta! haha

Archived