CoD : Black Ops Poll  

29 members have voted

1. 1. CoD : Black Ops Poll

Well they can do whatever they want :) But I think Treyarch learned from the IWNET fiasco. I know that Activision and IW made their money with MW2, but they also alienated many PC players.

I for one have never purchased MW2 and do not intend to. I have seen it on my son's PS3 and it is a decent looking game, but without dedicated servers I wouldn't play it.

Hopefully Treyarch will have the sense enough to include dedicated server files as stated in the article.

Only console lovers and unaware ppl purchased that game on PC (probably some "new to COD" ppl aswell).

They cant fool ppl twice so without dedicated servers sales on PC would be really low. Must be why they changed their mind, not that they care about players opinion, already proved they dont give a sh*t.

What do you think would happen if we all boycott companies that release games without dedicated server files. Think they might wake up.

Wouldnt work,, Getting all companies to do that,, Ones going to come along and just make all the money,,

But they'd probably get the message

Its one thing i had in my mind but lets face it, who is going to honestly say "You know what Activision, @#@#$ you and your dedicated server" ... i doubt it very much and at the same time who is going to let go money.

If we dont do it, someone is going to do it and have all the market place.

never gona work u ll always get some bast*** who will be looking for the money they can make thx to others' boycott.

Same goes for the retarded ranked partners thingie, if no1 was accepting such a nonsense they would just release public files, which would be better for gamers.

This world is sick and its always been like that, ppl care of their own without looking further, not to mention they dont even care about tomorrow since those idiot strategies are actually negative for every1 in the long term, even for those making money in very short term.

Some ppl's job is to release games, some others' is to host servers. #1 is trying to take control over #2 and #2 is smiling while being raped. Revolutions happen once upon a Millenium.

No revolution has ever started without someone taking the first step.

You can get involved or remain a spectator and watch as others succeed.

I never said I would watch, just said its not gona happen. I tried to convince some ppl about those stuffs we mentioned tons of times but you just cant.

Just have a look to the "EA partners", I guess those who were accepted are happy with it and dont realize how hard they are bs'ing themselves.

As I said human being has a very poor long term vision. That being said im not judgng any1 just giving opinion. And I dont see the point arguing about all of this anyway we all know this is not gona change, lets save our time and words and focuse on our business instead of speculating on things that will never happen.

Just have a look to the "EA partners", I guess those who were accepted are happy with it and dont realize how hard they are bs'ing themselves.

I don't have a problem with the way EA runs their ranked servers or the way they select providers. What I have a problem with is companies that don't take into consideration the needs of the game server providers. They don't beta test the game servers in a real world environment then when they release them it creates all kinds of problems.

• 2 weeks later...

lol maybe the OP should read more gaming news, they already said there will be dedi server option for BOps :)

The question is will they make sure to stick to a competitive game play to win PC gamers back after EA and DICE mess up with BC2 and still say no to competitive game play!

I don't have a problem with the way EA runs their ranked servers or the way they select providers. What I have a problem with is companies that don't take into consideration the needs of the game server providers. They don't beta test the game servers in a real world environment then when they release them it creates all kinds of problems.

you may have not checked who they picked up, ofc I assume there are good hosts, but amond the french ones I can see Eliott Ness and thats a big joke if you ask me. I browsed their support forums, also had feedback about their support from some of their old customers and they really have indecent behaviour towards client, even when the blame is to put on E.N. (hardware/config failure). They even refunded and banned one of their customer after not being able to update his arma2 server. After a few days the customer went nuts about stupid answers given by support and took a server from me to show E.N. that their servers had wrong files => banned.

Then on their forums you got unbeliveable indecent answers and bad behaviour. So if thats a trustee EA Ranked then I should get it without even applying ;)

No need to vote. The game will have dedicated server files.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/108/1089672p1.html

They also said Dedicated Files would be with MW2 also, and pulled them basically at the last second. Just cause they say now it will, doesn't mean anything. Activision lost my support for the CoD series. I will not buy another one, not matter what they do with it. (sometimes you HAVE to stand on principle)

I have a problem with ranked PERIOD! The ONLY reason any of them ever started ranked, was because they saw companies making money off their game, and they couldn't have that! Had to rip us all off even more. The whole concept is retarded

Archived