CoD : Black Ops Poll  

29 members have voted

1. 1. CoD : Black Ops Poll

They also said Dedicated Files would be with MW2 also, and pulled them basically at the last second. Just cause they say now it will, doesn't mean anything. Activision lost my support for the CoD series. I will not buy another one, not matter what they do with it. (sometimes you HAVE to stand on principle)

If I recall correctly IW and Activision never said anything about dedicated servers files being released. They did however wait till the last minute to pull the IW.net crap out of their hat and tell players that there would not be dedicated servers.

If I recall correctly IW and Activision never said anything about dedicated servers files being released. They did however wait till the last minute to pull the IW.net crap out of their hat and tell players that there would not be dedicated servers.

have to agree there, they never said anything about server files at all they just doged the question if i remember correctly

Correct, They also said everyone would like it,, But they was wrong again....

Infinity Ward's revelation that Modern Warfare 2 for the PC would drop dedicated servers for online multiplayer in favor of the developer's IWNET tech was met with the usual community grumbling. Now IW is trying to clear the air.

They specifically DROPPED SUPPORT for it, means they WERE going to release dedicated servers...

They specifically DROPPED SUPPORT for it, means they WERE going to release dedicated servers...

I'd ask how you come to that conclusion but it's irrelevant. I really don't get how you or anyone would believe that after IW invested time and money into IWNET that they would even consider releasing dedicated server files. IWNET wasn't some concoction they came up with over night and had to have had the groundwork laid from the project onset or close to it. That would clearly denote that they were looking into creating an alternative and they surely have.

I like your link Liam ... and what its written ;

“It was all about what we wanted to create and what that was is something new and fresh – give players some variety, give people a reason to come back to Call of Duty and get some new experiences.”

Is it a direct attack on MW2? :oh noes lolll

I like the your link Liam ... and what its written ;

“It was all about what we wanted to create and what that was is something new and fresh – give players some variety, give people a reason to come back to Call of Duty and get some new experiences.”

Is it a direct attack on MW2? lolll

Yep it is a direct attack i think lol

Well the last I heard there wre going to be dedicated server files for the game. However that was from an unofficial source on the web. So who really knows unless Activision or Treyarch posts an offical announcement?....

I don't get why people are going on about IW and IWnet as they have nothing to do with CoD:BO?!

Treyarch and Activision have said in articles, vids and interviews that they WILL be doing dedicated servers. Why do you think IW have been dropped by Activision? Because they screwed up MW2 so bad with the IWnet bull that they know if their name is used to make the next CoD it will never work due to so many PC gamers not wanting to risk wasting more money on a game we can't play right!

I ain't even touched my MW2 for months and don't plan on going back to it. In fact I have been thinking of sending it back to Activision or IW with a nice letter asking for my money back on such a waste of gaming time lol, but I know nothing would come of it so not much point.

Back to BO though, I will defo 100% be getting the game as it got to be better then BC2 as DICE and EA have said they will not be giving us any sort of competitive play so its back to CoD for me :)

I don't get why people are going on about IW and IWnet as they have nothing to do with CoD:BO?!

Treyarch and Activision have said in articles, vids and interviews that they WILL be doing dedicated servers. Why do you think IW have been dropped by Activision? Because they screwed up MW2 so bad with the IWnet bull that they know if their name is used to make the next CoD it will never work due to so many PC gamers not wanting to risk wasting more money on a game we can't play right!

Its call Activision and Bobby Koteck... They OWN Infinity Ward.

http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=149421

They were directly responsible for MW2, and I am SURE Koteck directly had his hands right in the middle of the whole fiasco.

Lets not forget treyarch had World at War. We saw how successful that game was :/

Its call Activision and Bobby Koteck... They OWN Infinity Ward.

http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=149421

They were directly responsible for MW2, and I am SURE Koteck directly had his hands right in the middle of the whole fiasco.

Lets not forget treyarch had World at War. We saw how successful that game was :/

Yer WaW wasn't as good as I was wanting but thats only because I don't like old war, I'm more into modern warfare. But I think that Treyarch will do a good job, I mean common they can't mess it up any more then MW2 was lol

• 4 months later...
So does anyone have a workin dedi server config for COD BO? Are there any yet?

No and no one will! If you followed whats going on with games you would know that only gameservers.com have rights to host game servers for CoD:BO.

This means only they will have the server files and NO ONE but them will be able to host the game servers!

Maybe you need to keep in with gaming news a little more before you try and host or sell game servers mate.

No and no one will! If you followed whats going on with games you would know that only gameservers.com have rights to host game servers for CoD:BO.

This means only they will have the server files and NO ONE but them will be able to host the game servers!

Maybe you need to keep in with gaming news a little more before you try and host or sell game servers mate.

azure is probably a player with its own dedicated server that would explain his ignorance about it.

Archived