Creating 2 GameServers 1 after the other

24play1

When I create 1 and then instantly create another for the same person (he ordered a public and a match) the first one installs without a problem but the second one lands me an e-mail saying this

GSAutomation.Processes.CreateGameServer: Could not copy game server files from ftp: /Games/CODUO to C:\TCAdminGames\UserFiles\BodyBags\GameServers\TC70245657260 123002358824

Server: TC1367560601860 Dual 160

Owner: XXXXX

Is this because as its ftp'ing its in use? Is there a way to queue this

Finally am I just being a mong? (ECF say nothing :lol: )

Add the CODUO folder to a zip file so TCAdmin uses that instead of the folder. It is faster and more stable to copy one large file instead of hundreds of small ones. The zip should not include the CODUO folder. Jus the files and subfolders inside it.

(All my game installs work without a hitch and are rared up nicely, think my crap explanation has confused things so here goes)

I installed it 1 after the other, I had a client buy 2 united offensive servers (1 public, 1 match) I started install number 1 off, followed by number 2 straight away

The first 1 comes through fine, the second one fails. This has happened to me before to me on other games. I know the game files work fine as server number 1 is all good.

All I have to do is create it again and it installs np. My problem seems to be that they don't queue up to be installed. If one is already going and I request a second install it fails

? Can u elaborate a bit more on what you mean

I have set this server up no problem with the rar file I have on my server

It only seems to be a problem when I try to install 1 as another is ftping/installing

What I mean is have you tried using rar/zip instead of having it copy the whole folder via FTP.

Are you sure it's using the rar? From the error you posted it looks like it is trying to copy the folder.

If thats the case does that mean that when TCADMIN installs a file and I immediately ask it to install that same file again it will see that the rar is in use and try to find another?

As thats the only way I could describe whats happening to me

It just seems really bizzare that the first 1 installs with no hitch whatsoever even if I remove the files from the UO folder on the file server to ensure that its taking the rar not the folder

I then quickly start another server install which errors

I have seen this problem with another game also on our setup :sad:

It is named correctly and works with no problems at all when you do 1 at a time, as soon as I start 2 off 1 after the other I get this error

I've noticed this as well with folders and rar's.

If tcadmin is installing more than 1 game server at a time to the same server then the 2nd will fail, although i think this stopped when we opened more ports on the firewall for passive ftp

-Paul

Archived