Linux remote install

Defcon|Rich

Hello,

It's been awhile since I installed tcadmin to a *nix server so I'm a bit rusty.. The only thing I'm having issues with is configuring the remote, I added the remote to the master and generated a config and uploaded it but that's where I'm stuck.. The instructions go step by step for installing the master to a linux server but not the remote.

The only difference is that in the configuration utility you select remote instead of master. Then it will ask for the configuration file. For everything else just follow the Linux instructions included in the beta email.

Install and then hit the web URL on that box.

Installed the files to the remote server and started both the service monitor and service manager, Both show running without errors.

Added the remote info to the master and saved it but no web URL. Tried to access the remote using http://x.x.x.x.x:8080 but no luck.. Maybe I missed a step somewhere?

Start the remote monitor in console mode. It should startup as a master without a license key. You should be able to access the configuration utility using port 8080 and configure it as a remote. Maybe the server has port 8080 blocked?