Game Compatibility for Killing Floor

shawn

What does everyone use for Killing Floor under "Game Compatibility:" in TCAdmin? So TCAdmin can display the server status to users. I thought it was the Unreal Engine so I tried all of the Unreal options but it didn't seem to work.

UnrealTournament2004 doesn't work, and all of the GameSpy options didn't work as well. All show "No results were returned." when viewing the status.

This game is kind of weird... when I put the IP address into HLSW (216.246.109.162:7707), HLSW automatically changes the IP address to: 216.246.109.162:7707:7708

So I'm not sure if that's what's causing the problem I am having.

theres nothing weird thats serverip:serverport:queryport

and yes its ut2004

I recommend you to read TI forums, tutorials etc before even considering to host the game if you are a GSP else you wont be able to give any kind of support to your customers. And if your not a GSP well you should do it anyway to get it working cuz for what I can see your game server is not responding for a simple reason : it might be not working properly.

Found the problem, I had the query port set to 7707, I changed it to 7717 and it's working with UnrealTournament2004 set in compatibility.

New question though... I do run a GSP so we'll have more than one server running, perhaps on the same IP address so using non-standard ports is a possibility. Will the game server only accept 7717 for the query port? Or can we specify a custom query port like we can a game port in the command line?

Found the problem, I had the query port set to 7707, I changed it to 7717 and it's working with UnrealTournament2004 set in compatibility.

New question though... I do run a GSP so we'll have more than one server running, perhaps on the same IP address so using non-standard ports is a possibility. Will the game server only accept 7717 for the query port? Or can we specify a custom query port like we can a game port in the command line?

query port is server port +10 to be specified in cfg file. Again I recommend you to get some basic info from Tripwire forum about how to run a server, this is really basic thing and you wont be able to give any support to customers if you start hosting this game. I dont want to sound negative but if you have a request to install a mutator I doubt you will make it if you are already stuck with ports config.

Archived