v2 pricing

quote from official post:

With the release of V2 beta drawing near I wanted to make an announcement about Monthly pricing and licensing.

Monthly licenses will remain at $15.95 per month for V2.

Purchased licensing will have price increases.

We are still talking about the amount of the increase for each purchased license.

I will post more info as we decide on it.

I really dont mind paying more for my owned licenses but that doesnt make sense at all that ppl who PURCHASED the licenses get a price increase while those who RENT it stick to same price.

any rent uses to increase every now and then but when you have purchased something, good or software, its yours and in case of software updates you get them for free.

Increasing both owned and leased would actually make more sense. Right now you are asking ppl who made the biggest investments to pay even more. I understand you cant ask much more for leased as there is some competitors with lower pricing but asking money to license owners is really weird business approach.

An increase for the yearly support fees might be a better alternative.

again thats just a point as I really don't mind paying more, my GSP being big enough I won't even feel it but for smaller GSP's that does sound unfair as license owners should be treated as premium customers and awarded for their loyalty, not taxed.

Just throwing this in the mix....I personally have spent more on leased payments over the past 5 years than many here have paid going with the owned license option. I choose to do this for tax purposes, and for instances like this! Many times over the past I have been faced with this same situation (vbulletin, r1soft, kayako, and even windows) So, for me, it is great to see that the price will be staying the same and on par with the other panels out there.

Keep in mind that we don't get any of the perks such as the owned license holders get either...Such as participation in the beta, and again unlimited licenses, and the saftey factor of knowing your price won't increase. Keeping in mind also that they can raise the rates on the leased licenses at any point in time down the road. My opinion is they made a well thought out decision to keep the leased rates in line with the competition and allow the current v1 owned license holders the option to upgrade *if* they want to, because remember you 'dont' have to!

The price of purchased licenses will increase but you will get a big discount when upgrading v1 licenses. Also while we are in beta the v2 purchased licenses will have the same price as v1.

The price of purchased licenses will increase but you will get a big discount when upgrading v1 licenses. Also while we are in beta the v2 purchased licenses will have the same price as v1.

And there are some other nice perks :p

I was in beta even with leased license. when I switched to owned I was still "small" gsp and it was a real risk and investment as I had to make sure to get ROI and you know that in GSP things can go up and down pretty much fast. Lucky me it went up but if I was still small I wouldnt like at all to get asked for money to upgrade. As I said money is not a problem anymore for me but the principle sounds a bit unfair for those who paid the owned license price.

adamnp your mistaking license owners with enterprise license owners which Im part of (those have unlimited remotes). so basically the only "perk" left is "the saftey factor of knowing your price won't increase" but as you can see they lost it ;)

How about the people who still has "the 1 year support & upgrades"? Whats the point of that then?

Just like Kayako, when you purchase version 3 (owned) it was a one time payment and also including upgrade + support fee. Then when kayako 4 came out, it was a FREE UPGRADE for all kayako 3 (owned) license without any upgrade charges. However they did raise the support & upgrade fee by $15 for version 4 which sounds fair.

"Current owned license customers with an active support and software updates subscription can optionally swap their V3 license for a V4 exchange license, with no upgrade charge."

I am not sure when TCadmin version 2 will be out but I remember reading beta is around summer. So I am guessing the official version will be sometimes around fall 2011 or winter.

If someone were to purchase a license now and pay $200 (master) or $150 (remote), and still have the 12 months support and upgrade is there going to be a discount for that?

Because its basically paying $200 (master) or $150 (remote) and lets say you are only using 2 months of that ( but it includes 12 months support & upgrade since first purchase date) and then we have to pay another fee to upgrade?

I think it would MAKE more sense for the people who DON'T PAY for the upgrade and support fee to pay the "upgrade fees" to version 2. As the people who REGULARLY pays the renewal fees should be able to get either a GREAT BIG discount or for FREE.

However, hopefully the fees aren't too high as I do enjoy TCadmin compared to other game panel softwares.

Just throwing this in the mix....I personally have spent more on leased payments over the past 5 years than many here have paid going with the owned license option. I choose to do this for tax purposes, and for instances like this! Many times over the past I have been faced with this same situation (vbulletin, r1soft, kayako, and even windows) So, for me, it is great to see that the price will be staying the same and on par with the other panels out there.

Keep in mind that we don't get any of the perks such as the owned license holders get either...Such as participation in the beta, and again unlimited licenses, and the saftey factor of knowing your price won't increase. Keeping in mind also that they can raise the rates on the leased licenses at any point in time down the road. My opinion is they made a well thought out decision to keep the leased rates in line with the competition and allow the current v1 owned license holders the option to upgrade *if* they want to, because remember you 'dont' have to!

Even though you paid a "leased license" option, you STILL aren't taking the risk of the investment which "business" basically is. I do understand that you mention you leased over the amount of a regular "owned license" which ANYONE knows that if you are going to be doing well or be sticking around the industry for a while to invest in a owned license/enterprise license since you will save more money overtime comparing to purchasing lease licenses.

Not only TCadmin but even if you think about other softwares like WHMCS, ClientExec, Hostbill, etc where they have leased & owned license pricing.

They give the option of LEASED license because you can cancel any time without having to put a bigger investment into it. Now I am not saying $200 is a lot, but for example someone who purchases a leased license for 1 month is about $15-$16 while someone who buys a owned license for $200 (master) and only uses it for 1 month.

If both stop using it after 1 month, the 2nd person who BOUGHT and INVESTED in the owned license loses more than the first person who only paid $15-$16. Even after selling the license, he is still losing more.

So when you are purchasing a owned license you are basically investing and taking the RISK because you can either lose out or save money on the long term.

However when your leasing for a few months, (hopefully it isn't over the owned license cost) you will still save money comparing to buying a owned license.

@trance

I agree totally, purchasing licences ROI time is about 14months

When leasing you do not have any risk at all, if you want to switch to other software you just move off.

When you purchase licence it is obvious that you are looking for long time cooperation and you expect to have some benefits.

to be honest I am disappointed with price raises for purchased licences. We will se what will upgrade fee be

Even though you paid a "leased license" option, you STILL aren't taking the risk of the investment which "business" basically is. I do understand that you mention you leased over the amount of a regular "owned license" which ANYONE knows that if you are going to be doing well or be sticking around the industry for a while to invest in a owned license/enterprise license since you will save more money overtime comparing to purchasing lease licenses.

I guess "not taking that risk" is one of the pro's to not purchasing the owned license....Where as one of the cons is that if you use it as long as I have you'll end up like me who has easily spent twice the $ than what an enterprise license costs.... You win some, you loose some---That's the only point I am trying to make.

Thats the individual decision each owner needs to make :) Personally, I don't agree that you should always invest in evolving 'owned' software.

dimitri -- yeah I was talking about the enterprise license -- forgot about the single owned licenses, good point :)

You are confusing updates with upgrades

"the 1 year support & updates" applies to v1. We will still provide updates and support on v1 even after v2 has been released.

If v2 were just v1 with 6 months worth of fixes and features with a new template I am sure we would be able to allow everyone to upgrade for free but this is not the case. v2 is all new code with years of work put into it.

I noticed a question above about people who regularly pay the support fees for their paid licenses.

There will be a lower upgrade price for those with current support on their V1 licenses.

Keep this example in mind: Microsoft releases Windows XP and you pay X amount for it. They then release Windows Vista. Now you own XP and you still get updates "free" for it. However you decide that you want to upgrade to Vista and you pay a upgrade price. Now you are getting updates for Vista free of charge.

Along comes Windows 7. Do you have to pay to upgrade? Of course you do. Or you stick with Vista and continue to get the "updates" free for it.

I have seen the pricing. And to be honest I think you should all be paying more than $15.95 per month for it. And purchased license holders should be paying more than what has been proposed. Luis put some serious time into Version 2.

So hopefully once everyone here sees it they will understand the price increases.

I noticed a question above about people who regularly pay the support fees for their paid licenses.

There will be a lower upgrade price for those with current support on their V1 licenses.

Keep this example in mind: Microsoft releases Windows XP and you pay X amount for it. They then release Windows Vista. Now you own XP and you still get updates "free" for it. However you decide that you want to upgrade to Vista and you pay a upgrade price. Now you are getting updates for Vista free of charge.

Along comes Windows 7. Do you have to pay to upgrade? Of course you do. Or you stick with Vista and continue to get the "updates" free for it.

I have seen the pricing. And to be honest I think you should all be paying more than $15.95 per month for it. And purchased license holders should be paying more than what has been proposed. Luis put some serious time into Version 2.

So hopefully once everyone here sees it they will understand the price increases.

That really goes both ways updates are fine and we do pay the yearly update fee just so the software is updated to keep up with the newer games, hence the reason we need the updates. But not all of us open 20 million support tickets asking for help either. Staying competitive in this low profit business is the key.

Well we can't please everyone. Bottom line is there will be price increases for V2 licensing.

Those who think it is worth the money can upgrade. Those who don't want to can continue to run V1.

Well we can't please everyone. Bottom line is there will be price increases for V2 licensing.

Those who think it is worth the money can upgrade. Those who don't want to can continue to run V1.

fair enough! :)

I just paid the annual license fee for SUS for another year for a bunch of TCA licenses. I would really appreciate if the price reduction on swapping to v2 will be equally worth what I just paid (auto-payment). If not, I don't really see a point in purchasing the SUS as TCAdmin is rather static due to the lack of new major games. I would rather get the money back and save it for v2. That surely depends on when V2 will be released....

upgrading ClientExec v3 to v4 didnt cost a buck. updating windows to a newer version does have a price but on the other side you don't pay for support.

So if theres a price raise on v2 and according to that logic and your MS example there should be no longer yearly support fees.

I didnt start the thread to complain about a price upgrade I opened it to point the lack of logic in the price raise. now you decide but if sticking to what was anounced thats disappointing for old and loyal customers who are taxed for the new and less loyal (yes i know there are some old customers leasing).

Maybe a bad example on my part. However I am simply trying to point out why there will be upgrade fees for V2.

Bottom line is that there will be a price increase on purchased licenses, logic or no.

I don't want this thread to become a discussion about whether or not there will be a price increase. It is for pricing and informational puposes which we have answered.

Feel free to post your thoughts. We have never stopped people from stating their opinions here (within reason). But the price increase and upgrade fees are a reality for V2.

Luis or I will be posting the pricing soon in the announcements section of the forums. Keep an eye out for them.

i think he mean that this is not a upgrade fee, its because the whole software will be expensive (V1 and V2) and we just have to pay the difference or iam wrong?

So V1 cost 17$ and V2 20$ or something like that, so there are +3$ and this is that what you have to pay when you wonna upgrade....

or iam wrong with that?!

i think he mean that this is not a upgrade fee, its because the whole software will be expensive (V1 and V2) and we just have to pay the difference or iam wrong?

So V1 cost 17$ and V2 20$ or something like that, so there are +3$ and this is that what you have to pay when you wonna upgrade....

or iam wrong with that?!

Kevin said that the leased licenses (monthly based) will remain the same pricing.

Currently the monthly leased pricing is:

Master Server - $15.95/mo

Remote Server - $15.95/mo

As per Kevin's statement, the pricing will remain the same for either V1 or V2.

The owned licenses (purchased once) can either remain active on V1 or have an UPGRADE fee applied to allow that licensee access to V2. These prices have not been divulged yet.

Archived