Update all servers with HLDSUpdateTool

kravok

Just an idea that a mate of mine uses on his custom game panel he has created. The option to update all Source based servers. Have the panel download the files for the update once, then apply those files to all servers.

This would be really handy as the HLDSUpdateTool can take forever for each server.

V1 has the batch update feature which did exactly what you said. It downloaded the files via the hldsupdatetool and created a zip file which could then be used to batch update all servers.

One thing that we have seen in the past is many botched STEAM game updates. eg. Valve send out an update that breaks the server. They then release another patch shortly after fixing the mistake.

The batch feature should do what you are asking. It will be added to V2 shortly. However we welcome any ideas on how to better the update system. Please be detailed as to how you wouldlike to see it work.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It would be good to have the option to update a game install. I see that now if a steam game doesn't have files installed they are downloaded. So, can you add a button to the game install to do a steam update for the install files. I hope that makes sense.

Also, in game tools an option to Update All Game servers where you can choose a certain game. For example Counter Strike Source. You choose it, HLDSUpdateTool downloads the new files and then TCAdmin applies that one download to all servers.

• 2 months later...