V1 to V2 Transfer

i know this has been briefly comented on in other posts, i plan to move most of my windows boxers to linux and v2 obviously.

but is it possible for the game transfer to transfer a game from a windows mechine to a linux obviously it would need the binaries adding.

this is my situation at the moment, im ruinning alot of cod4 servers on windows and want to move them to linux then just add the binaries in and use a linux template.

when i move a game, i would need to move them over to anouther linux box then reinstall the old windows box then send it back accross, unless there is an easier way?

would that be possible or havent u thought about this yet?

Thanks Chris

i know this has been briefly comented on in other posts, i plan to move most of my windows boxers to linux and v2 obviously.

but is it possible for the game transfer to transfer a game from a windows mechine to a linux obviously it would need the binaries adding.

this is my situation at the moment, im ruinning alot of cod4 servers on windows and want to move them to linux then just add the binaries in and use a linux template.

when i move a game, i would need to move them over to anouther linux box then reinstall the old windows box then send it back accross, unless there is an easier way?

would that be possible or havent u thought about this yet?

Thanks Chris

I am sure this hasn't been thought of, but i could be wrong. Next delima is, why move to Linux if your already successful on Windows. I am sure it has to do with licensing costs, but with Valve and a lot of other Designers and Game Firms, they are removing the linux binaries =(

You will have to create new game servers on Linux then manually move the configuration and mod files over. There are no plans right now to add support for moving a service from one OS to the other.

Right now COD4 on Linux requires that you enable Text Console > Control console's input and output checked. This will be fixed in 2.0.25 in case other games have this problem. For this game it is better to leave them checked because it gives you full access to the game's console from browser if you enable it.

would it not be possible to move from a windows to linux then? as all it does is rar up then unrar? then i can just add the linux binaries in as a mod or a update? then just select the game to linux version? because otherwise creating new servers then transfering it all and new command lines and so on is a hell of lot of work, talking days and days for me. i wont start all this untill it all comes out of beta anyway.

There is no upgrade tool from v1 to v2 available yet. Right now the only option is to do it manually. The tables are not compatible. When v2 has all the features from v1 we will work on the upgrade tool.