Modern Warfare 3

zelatech

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to let you guys know im going to be working on a config for v2 as soon as mw3 is released. i will post the config on the forums, if they do linux i will post them as well, does anyone know where they will post the server info for hldsupdater and so on?

I've uploaded all the files on the server but i'm getting error:

version 1.2.358

Error during initialization:

Couldn't load fileSysCheck.cfg. Make sure Call of Duty?: Modern Warfare? 3 is run from the correct folder.

:(

edit:

notice that if you download it via steam you will only get iw5mp.exe and iw5sp.exe. With Dvd retail edition you will also get iw5mp_server.exe that should be the executable for dedicated servers.

Edited by zelatech

actually on my pc(win seven 64bit) where i've installed from retail dvd i can start the server with iw5mp_server.exe, over the server i've downloaded the game from steam and it's giving me problem beacause file iw5mp_server.exe was not present in the download folder and i've pushed it from my pc. Btw i will wait midnight and see if valve unlock the files.

i'm running v1 tca so anyone good at that would be good

There is already a thread in the V1 forums for MW3. You should post there.

It seems like the ability to have dedicated servers availible may provide the smaller GSPs to gain a bit in the market.

I hope everyone does well with the new release :)