What about slotScale in TCAdmin?

zelatech

I had a talk with a sales person from Triton about this quite some time back.

And the basic conclusion was you are not allowed to "scale" the server down on a per day basic.

If a customer purchases a 10 slot server from you, it MUST be set AT LEAST at 10 slots for their entire billing cycle. You are welcome to increase the slots at any point in the month if you would like however, it must remain at least at 10 slots.

I had a talk with a sales person from Triton about this quite some time back.

And the basic conclusion was you are not allowed to "scale" the server down on a per day basic.

based on what? If you clearly state that 10 slots is the max and that server size is adjusted upon connected players that's fine and anyway this is not a Triton problem as its between GSP and its customers only.

Triton is billing for active slots thats their problem too.

When you rent a server with 100Mb of bw you are not forced to keep a 100Mb traffic alive, its just a limit.

I contacted Teamspeak and their CEO said they prefer we don't add this feature to TCAdmin.

Well obviously they dont want to make less money but on other side there is nothing illegal in adjusting slots count to active players as long as you warn customers that the slots purchased is the max sltos capacity and not the permanent slots count.

She mentioned their licensing system will notice the fluctuating slots and it will cause trouble for the account. Multiplay is allowed to do this for some reason but they don't scale lower than the purchased slots. I asked if we could make it only scale up too but she said would not like to see this feature at all to avoid any problems.

Yeah, There have been people that have done this with Ventrilo and TS2 also. You have always had the ability to scale up services for free, if there were fee's/price adjustments attached to the sliding scale you would have an entirely different story however.

She mentioned their licensing system will notice the fluctuating slots and it will cause trouble for the account. Multiplay is allowed to do this for some reason but they don't scale lower than the purchased slots. I asked if we could make it only scale up too but she said would not like to see this feature at all to avoid any problems.

well if they have issues with fluctuating slots that's something they have to sort out and something the money we pay every month can be invested in (bug fixing). Again IMO thats their problem, not GSP's one. I can understand they don't like the idea of course.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived