Advanced Backup System

Vmlweb

Hey,

I know this would be quite difficult to implement but this feature I'm sure would save a lot of data from being lost.

The server admin would either hook up a external hard drive, or external FTP location to backup to, or use a location on the local server. Then they would allocate a certain amount of space to each user, for example 20GB of backup space per user.

Then the user would be able to create a scheduled backup through the same menu used for scheduled restarts. The server would then automatically take scheduled backups, compressing and storing the game servers folder in the location specified by the admin.

Once the users space runs out, the oldest backups will be deleted as a new one is created.

Then if the user wants to recall a backup they just click the backups button, select a data/time and the server restores the entire game server folder to that backup.

I'm sure a lot of people would benefit from this as I sometimes get requests saying "I accidentally deleted my server" or especially on minecraft "some people came on my server and blew it all up".

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 for me !

Great suggestion, since we managed actually by ourself full backup, using rsync script ><', to a central dedicated server ...

I already saw this type of fonction in another gamecp :x

As we try by scripts actually, that's can be possible, but that's represent a lot of coding and test :(

Anyway, I really like your suggestion, so I wish one day we will have this feature into TCadmin :)