Chivalry - Medieval Warfare

Raizio

Here is the config guys.

It has steamcmd,all the ports set, query works.

Sadly, no logging yet, so web console is disabled.(The other ways never really worked all that well)

This is because the devs have disabled logging.(The reasoning being that it fills up the hdd)

It is possible to get logging by running UDKLogging.exe

I am just still trying to find a good way to have both exe's running.

Server is tested to an extent and seems to work fine.

The config files are almost default except for auto balance, this is enabled.

Enjoy!

--Update: Uploaded new version of the config file. There was a bug in the hostname. It wouldn't always work in combination with WHMCS. Seems fixed now.

CMW - Windows.xml

Edited by Raizio

No Luck M8,

I have tried everything to get it running, I must be missing something ?? do you have to set something else up first with it being an unreal engine ??

I have checked and all the files are there, I have installed steamcmd, run the update both automatic and manual but if I try and start it it just says "loading" in the panel for ever and nothing happens ? in fact I left it like that for an hour and it was still "loading" when I returned ?

It must be something silly I have missed... but never having installed a steam game before I just dont know ?

Thanks

Gary

I tried running it in a batch file directly from the server and i get :-

"The application has failed to start because MSVCR100.DLL was not found. Re-installaing the application may fix the problem"

Just googling to see what that is ...

Thanks

Gary

Bingo !! I had to install the 2008 redistributable C++ files as well as the 2011, and it worked after a restart :) Perfect and thanks for all the help !!

It must be because of the Unreal engine requirements and the fact it was about 2008 when it was launched. One thing to mention was that it did not work with just the 2011 files installed and I read on one of the google pages that in certain conditions you might need all versions installing. In the end it was the 2008 files that resolved the problem.

Cheers all

Gary

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...