Ventrilo + Hostnames

Brandon

We currently use hostnames instead of direct IP's for our teamspeak and ventrilo servers. Since we are integrating TCAdmin with Modernbill and are going to be doing full automated installs. How can we have ventrilo servers use a Hostname instead of an IP Address?

I see that Teamspeak has this option but what can we do for Ventrilo?

Thanks

Yes there are numerous hostnames per location.

So for example.

Datacenter Dallas

VOICE-TX1.BRANZONE.COM

VOICE-TX2.BRANZONE.COM

VOICE-TX3.BRANZONE.COM

Datacenter Virginia

VOICE-VA1.BRANZONE.COM

VOICE-VA2.BRANZONE.COM

There are more but I'm not going to list them all..

Also I would like to know if somehow the load balancing for ventrilo/teamspeak servers could be based on # of instances or total slots instead of the cpu utilization. I know this might be asking to much but it would help the automation process a lot.

Thanks

The load balancing voice servers with based on slots has been requested before and will be available in a couple of months. For the hostname problem I can add it on the next update.

I have wondered this before, but with FTP,

Like I use an A domain for my FTP, so like utopia.invision-gaming.co.uk is for one of my servers.

Would be useful to be able to automatcially send out that in they Email automatically.

I think this is sort of similar to the original query

I think its most useful because I would prefer people to use

utopia.invision-gaming.co.uk rather then 87.117.224.229 then the other IP 87.117.224.231 etc.

But this sounds like a really good little addition.

Archived