Dual Athlon MPs

DanCF

Athlon CPUs are designed for desktop computers from what I have heard. I would suggest going with Opeterons or Xeons for hosting.

Of course they will work, but they are not as powerful as the other two.

I know LFA. I actually have two servers from Defcon; 1 in New York and one in Dallas. I also have a SFN server in Chicago. The reason I am asking about Athlon MPs is because those seem to be the only thing offered in Cybercon, St. Louis, or than this one other company which wants about $500/month for a dual Xeon server there.

I wouldn't give VSK a penny. If you've been around longer then a few months you should already know they are about as crooked as they come. There's a long list of people that been ripped off by old Ray.. Please do yourself a favor and don't take the chance of adding yourself to that list.

Yes Ray runs kind of a lax business. I have rented GameServers from him and have not ripped off; quite the contrary. I needed to rent a game server for a game not offered on linux last year, at the time I was running linux game servers. I rented it for 6 months in november, and I figured it would expire the end of April, at which point I intended to use my own servers to run it having moved to windows since, however the server did not go offline until a couple of weeks ago.

Archived