Modern Warfare 3 - TCAdmin Problem

MarkMorris

Hi,

I've been trying to setup a mw3 server for the last 3 days, and i've been getting some wierd things happening.

I first setup a server with the default config included within TCAdmin V2, the servers port was "27115" i tried to conect (after steam update etc) and it failed, but i noticed GameTracker said it was online.

Out of curiousity i notice the query port was "27116" so i tried to connect to this, and it worked fine. I knew this wasnt right as ive used MW3 with TCAdmin in the past.

I contacted support (Which were helpful, but havnt come across this before) and they told me to post here on forum. :)

Any help would be great.

Thank you,

Mark

Game/Query/Rcon port should all be the same in the service settings. default 27015

Custom port1 27014

Custom port2 27016

Port increment 100

First I'd try another IP and check any other services (source engine/mw) that may also be using the default or 27115 port, there shouldn't be any but i've seen weirder things.

Also check and change if needed the steam settings for MW3 to use steamcmd as the default config probably still has it using hldsupdatetool, put the check for verify/validate and rerun update or steam game download

app ID 42750 for dedicated server

That's where I'd start.

Can i confirm if this is the correct command line?

+set dedicated 2 +set net_ip $[service.IpAddress] +set net_queryPort $[service.CustomPort1] +set net_masterServerPort $[service.GamePort] +set net_port $[service.CustomPort2] +set net_authPort 8766 +set sv_config server.cfg +set sv_maxclients $[service.Slots] +start_map_rotate

Your's is in a different order than the one I'm running and shouldn't make a difference but, none the less looks correct.

+set dedicated 2 +set net_ip $[service.IpAddress] +set net_masterServerPort $[service.GamePort] +set net_queryPort $[service.CustomPort1] +set net_port $[service.CustomPort2] +set sv_config server.cfg +set sv_maxclients $[service.Slots] +start_map_rotate

I decided to stop the server in TCAdmin and run it manually in CMD.

Heres the command i used.

D:\TCAFiles\Users\admin\15\iw5mp_server.exe +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 188.94.75.217 +set net_masterServerPort 27115 +set net_queryPort 27114 +set net_port 27116 +set sv_config server.cfg +set sv_maxclients 18 +start_map_rotate

Here is what the server said on startup.

version 1.9.461

Connecting to online services....

Connected to online services.

Executing server config "server.cfg"

Succeeded reading from default.dspl

Loaded 5 map entries

Loading DSR "TDEF_default.dsr"...

Loading Succeeded for DSR "TDEF_default.dsr"

-----------------------------------

Spawning map: mp_bravo, gametype tdef

Initializing Steam Game Server: game port 27114, auth port 8766, query port 27115, gamedir modernwarfare3, version 1.0.0.1

Steam Game Server initialized as Internet Server.

No Steam Master Servers found. Server will LAN visible only.

Steam Game Server connected. Local IP 188.94.75.217, Public IP 188.94.75.217, Game Port 27114

Steam Game Server is VAC Secure

Spawn map (mp_bravo, tdef) complete.

-----------------------------------

Why is the Game Port set to 27114?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, it works the problem isn't tcadmin. MW3 server files were updated to a new version but the client never received an updated version to match the server.

You will have to downgrade the server executable version to equal to the client version and you will be golden. They are focused on Ghosts so they may not update the client version for a while.

Edited by PCGamersportal

• 2 months later...

I used to host MW3 servers without issue some time ago, trying to set one up now , it works fine but not listed in the game servers list (nor steam servers list).

I suspect it to be related to a wrong steam.dll (I used the one I got in my steam folder and an old one I had from my old tcadmin archive for MW3, both had different sizes) with no luck.

Could someone zip me the steam.dll hes using for MW3 servers so I can ccompare and test ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Did you have any luck getting your server into the lobby?

It worked for a while then it got delisted for no reason and without making any change. I Managed to get it listed randomly but it keep disappearing not sure why.

Looking at the amount of servers listed it looks like there are less and less so it may be a master server issue.

It worked for a while then it got delisted for no reason and without making any change. I Managed to get it listed randomly but it keep disappearing not sure why.

Looking at the amount of servers listed it looks like there are less and less so it may be a master server issue.

Thanks!

I haven't been able to get it to show up in the lobby at all unfortunately. We have clients reporting gameservers.com has the issue completely resolved, but seems rather unlikely with only 40 servers in the lobby.